Sunday, February 28, 2010

WEEKEND REPORT

FRIDAY NIGHT

We had a really fun weekend. We were thinking of going to Bear Lake, but it just didn't work out. So Friday night we headed down to Lehi to have dinner with my 2 sisters and my brother in law. Spencer is the best cook, he made us philly cheese sandwhiches and homemade pretzels. It was so yummy. Usually we are a bit hesitant to go to other people's house with all the kids, even family members houses; but the kids were so good that it gave us new hope that we can do that more often. After dinner the kids went down to the basement to watch a "kid" movie while we adults watched a movie. We watched "The Box", and I would not recomend it. It was actually a horrible movie. But it was still fun to be down there. The kids watched there movies and did awesome.

SATURDAY

Ben knows that I am my best self when I get some alone time, and lately that alone time is my running time. So Ben was so sweet to give me some time right after breakfast to go on a run. It was such a gorgeous morning. Spring is definately on its way. I love running outside cause there is always something going on. I ran past lots of houses doing laundry (I could smell the yummy smell of the clothes in the dryer), someone mowing their lawn, kids outside playing and lots of other runners. It was a saturday and a beautiful day so there were bound to be tons of people out running. I was hoping to get in about 7-10 miles (i am getting ready for the moab 1/2 and I'll be honest the longest distance I've done is 5 miles so I thought I better get some longer runs in), but I had to get home so I could drive over to my moms and do a haircut.

After we were all ready we headed to the place with the yellow arches, McDonalds. I don't love McDonalds but the kids have alot of fun playing there. We hung out there for a while and let the kids play. They got an ice cream cone and it was hilarious to see the difference in how Sam and Mason eat. There will be pictures to come on the comparison.

We picked up our sitter later and headed over to a friends house in the ward. It was so much fun! There were a bunch of young couples over to hang out and get to know eachother. We played some fun get to know you games and just hung out and chatted. It was great, except for when we got home and our kids weren't in bed and the house was a bit messy. I don't ask alot when I get sitters, but there are a few things that I would love to happen. 1) play with the kids and make sure they are happy 2) clean up whatever messes you make (mostly in the kitchen, I don't ming picking up toys when I get home but I don't like cleaning the whole kitchen at 10 or 11 at night) 3) GET MY KIDS IN BED AND ASLEEP!!!!!!! So I'm guessing she played with the kids, but the other 2 1/2 I'm not so sure about. Well, we walked in and both the kids were awake. Mason had tears in his eyes. And to top it off the kitchen was a mess. So it was 10 and we still had to get the kids in bed and asleep and clean up the kitchen. It is such a different story than when I was a sitter. My mom taught me to leave the house looking better than when I came. I would unload the dishwasher, fold clothes, everything. And we didn't watch tv the whole time (which I worry that some of my sitters do).

J and Spencer came out to hang out. Spencer and Ben were going to go rc car racing. And J and I were going to hang out and watch a movie. So the boys headed out and we girls hung out. Like I said, these 2 are always up for anything. I had just called them a few hours earlier to see if they wanted to come up. So it was fun that they came and Ben had a buddy to go rc car racing with him!!!!!

SUNDAY

I love it when you get up on Sundays and get ready so then you don't have to rush right before church. So that is exactly what we did this morning. Except I did give my 2 boys cuts this morning. Sometimes they are the last ones to get hair cuts cause we are just so busy. We take the time when we have it, plus their hair was getting really long. Seriously Mason has been waking up looking like a really mad scientist. So I gave Mason a really short buzz. It looks pretty cute. So then we were ready to head out the door for church.

It was the funniest thing. We were sitting in Sacrament Meeting and Samantha went to sit with a boy that is in her preschool class and his mom. (she just loves Jared and Miss Melissa) So she is a row ahead of us and over just a bit, and Mason finally noticed that she wasn't sitting with us. You have to know that Mason only has 2 volume levels. Loud and LOUDER!!!!! He sees that Sam is over there and says "that is our Sammi! We can't leave her" and of course everyone is looking and giving us those smile that say " shut that kid up" But he doesn't really do what we want all the time. He continued to be pretty loud the whole time. When the sacrament was coming around he said really loud that he wanted some bread. Then of course he was thirsty, so he let us all know that he wanted some water; and not only one but he wanted 2 of the little cups of water. Then he was poking the polka dots on a shirt that was sitting in front of us. Luckily it was one of my good friends that thinks Mace is a cute kid. But this went on most, no actually all of the meeting. He is so cute, but just so loud.

We came home and had the yummiest dinner. (i'll have to post the recipe) and hung out. Sam wanted to go see Grandma and Granpa B, so the girls headed out to the grandparents while the boys stayed home and watched movies. I love going and hanging out at my parents. I could stay there all night. So I had to force myself to go home, and when I got home I realized I had told Ben I would make him some cookies. So cookies at 10 pm, and they were good, but the dough was dry. I don't know what I did wrong, but they were still yummy.

It was just such a fun weekend to spend time with friends, family, and especially my kids and my hubby.

0 comments: