Sunday, February 7, 2010

7 years ago today

I just have to say that I met Ben 7 years ago today.

I have to tell the story, because aparently not everyone knows it. I was out on a double date with my sister Rebekah. She had just gotten home from her mission and our dates were friends, so we went out. (I don't actually remember my dates name, but I guess it doesn't matter now does it?!)

So back to the meeting part. I had actually been sick that whole week and was thinking of canceling my date, I just wasn't feeling it. A friend at school told me that I should go, and maybe something good would come of it. So I went and something great came of it.



We (the 4 of us, my sister and her date and me and mine) went to a young singles adult dance. The guys were on the committee. We got there and I'll be honest, I was less than interested in this guy, (as you can see I don't even remember his name). So I was out mingling with some friends from high school and I seriously looked down the hall, saw this way goodlooking guy and thought to myself "I have to meet him" Well, he stopped, introduced himself, and we sat and chatted. Actually we ended up hanging out all night. (my sister Rebekah reminds me that she hung out with my date while I was with Ben). Ben didn't know I was on a date, but when my date took me home, Ben came to my house just a bit later, picked me up and we went and hung out for a bit. (yes I had totally arranged this beforehand, I wasn't going to let the chance to hang out with him pass me by)

So we hung out and I hoped and hoped that he would come into my school and see me the next week, and to my huge surprise he did. I was thrilled. He asked me out for Valentines Day, (which was our first date) and is has been history ever since, 7 years to be exact!

I am so glad I went on that blind date with good old whats his name. You never know if I wouldn't have met Ben or not. But I am just grateful I did meet him. He is a great husband and an awesome father. I hope he is as glad as I am that we met that night at a singles adult dance . . . I guess they really do work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whitney, check with Ben but I could have sworn that you both sang a karokee duet that night...I think it was "Summer Lovin"...or "ditch my date lovin." It did work out for the best, didn't it. And...thanks for the shout out! :)- Rebekah

Melanie Bingham said...

Blind dates are the best....I went on a blind date with Brian's BF and turned out liking the friend intstead.