Thursday, February 18, 2010

Here is the picture of my new car, finally (sorry it took so long Heather). So my brother called it a goober-mobile! Isn't that sad, I don't think it looks that bad. My sister in law actually says that I look like a minivan mom. It is a goodlooking car, and it is a really nice ride. I guess I am still just having a hard time picturing myself as a 26 year old minivan mom. I think of myself as a 26 year old SUV mom. But this minivan if growing on me.
It has actually changed the way we travel. In our tahoe, my kids talked and talked and talked. "Turn the music up", "Don't hit me!", "Give me a treat". So that is how it used to be and now in our new car, it is just pure and complete silence. The only thing that is said is when the movie is over "Can we watch it again?" So as you can tell the new car has a dvd player, but not just one but 2 dvd players. Mason can watch his movie and Sam can watch hers. Great right, wrong.
The original rule was that they couldn't watch the movies on short drives, but that was gone right away. So the other day, we dropped Sam off at school and Mason was watching a movie. We pulled into our driveway, pulled in the garage and Mason didn't want to get out of the car. Seriously, so I sat in my garage, at my lunch and then finished the movie with Mason. So what turned into a quiet ride, has now turned into just wanting to watch the movies and not talk to me. It is quiet but sad that they are just glued to the tv. So my new rule is that if they are going to watch tv in the car, then they can't watch it at home.
So even though I don't think of myself as a minivan mom, it is a sweet ride. You can't beat the doors opening and closing by themselves, the easieness of buckling Mason in (who sits in the back), Sam's booster seat is built into the chair, Ben downloaded ALL my music into the harddrive of the car so it is there at my fingertips, and the list could go on. Ben was great to be the convincing force to get the car.
I do really like it and I'm grateful to have a car that works!!!!!

0 comments: