Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Car

So we have had some car trouble, more like our car died. So we couldn't decide what to do. Get a new car or get a new engine. We went and looked at some cars or more like some minivans, and I have to be honest I wasn't totally sold on the idea. The cars were great, but I just couldn't wrap my head around me as a minivan mom. I have just loved being an SVU mom. I love my tahoe. I am way up high, in a load roaring car, what could be better? How about automatic doors, 2 dvd players, built in booster seats, and lots more.
So the decision became final beginning of last week when we got a minivan. I didn't drive it for a couple days, because I still felt a little weird. ( ben thinks I need to get over it) But we looked at the Honda Odysee which is the hype right now, but then we looked at the Chrysler Town and Country. We ended up getting the Chrylser. It is black and it is good looking. They look about the same, but I just keep telling myself (probably to make myself feel better) that the Chrysler looks like a sporty minivan. Dumb right, but it actually does kinda look a bit sporty. My brother came over and saw it in our garage and at first he said he really liked it, and was looking at it and opening the doors, and then he said "you got a goober mobile" He said it didn't look like a minivan at first. He thought it was a smaller SVU. So once I take a picture of it, you can be the judge. But really for the convience of everything that comes with a minivan, how can you beat it. So now I am the minivan mom and Ben is the tahoe dad. I just keep reminding myself that I can drive the tahoe when it is just me or when Ben and I go out.
Oh and as for our Subaru, it is now a center piece in our backyard. Not really but it is behind the gate, which is in the yard. If anyone is interested in a car for 500$ we've priced out the new engine. And until further notice, it will be in our yard.
(the Subaru was my very first car that I could call MY OWN . I remember where I was and where I took it on my first drive. I just loved it cause Ben bought it just for me!!!)

1 comments:

Katy said...

Welcome to the club! Can't wait to see it.