Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Get Together

Today was not only Super Bowl Sunday, but it was also Luella's blessing day. It was great to have both of our families there. (we missed you Micah, but I'm glad you came over after) I love having my mom and dad, all my siblings, Ben's mom and dad, and all his siblings there with us. Ben gave her a great blessing. The one thing that I thought was ironic was this morning as I was getting ready for church, I had a thought about Ben blessing her to be a peacemaker in our home. I didn't say anything about it to Ben, but that was one of the things he said in her blessing. Ironic, right?

She looked so gorgeous in her little dress (it is the same dress that Sam was blessed in). I had to take some pictures.
She looked so serious here, I think it is so cute!
My sisters were helping me with my little "photo shoot"
if you will. Lu was smiling like crazy for them.

Every 1st Sunday my family gets together, so since everyone came for the blessing we decided to come over to my house after. And I guess it was a bonus that the Super Bowl was on, well a bonus for some. And for the others who could have cared less, well everyone was just kinda doing there own thing.
For those who didn't want to watch the game, they
were upstairs watching a regular at our house "High School Musical".

(isn't that cute, my parents holding hands? They don't
usually sit right next to each other, but they always
hold hands)
Mason was having a good moment of not being attached to
Ben, but only for a moment. He sat on my lap with his blanket,
chocolate milk, and of course a basketball.
We sat and watched his favorite "HSM"
Luella sat with J watching the game, so I could take care of Mason.
Unfortunately we don't always have good times at our house.
Mason was having a major fit. When Ben is home Mason is
Ben's little shadow, and mostly he just wants Ben to hold him.
I feel bad there isn't more I can do, but when a kid wants his Dad and
you are a Mom, what can you do?
I caught Sam while she was just running around and having fun. I
snapped this pic and she really does look like me.
She is at such a fun stage, she is pleasant and good for the
most part. She does her own thing, helps out when asked, and
is just really enjoyable to be around.
I guess that's what comes when you are 4 1/2 and really want to
be a big girl and mom big helper.
Some were sleeping, or actually Rebekah was sleeping.
I love it that when people come over to my house, they can just make
themselves at home and do whatever they want.
Jessica took a nap in Sam's room, and baby Charly was sleeping
in my room.
Matt was doing homework. That is such lame sauce. He was watching the
game earlier, but I guess homework trumps the game.
And the crew that were really into the game. They didn't even
come up for dinner, dinner came down to them. Taylor, Spencer,
Jessica, Luella, Ben and Mckay.

After a long day of church and partying, happy kids and really unhappy
kids, lots of yummy food, good company and great conversation, I am
spent and ready to hit the pillow.
Thanks for the party, I love you all!!!!!

2 comments:

Anna-Lisa said...

Looks like a fun party. It was fun to come for the blessing and I am glad you got to hear this one!

Melanie Bingham said...

She looks like such a doll!