Monday, February 15, 2010

Sick Kids

It is no fun to have sick kids. One is kinda managable, but two is way not fun. Samantha and Mason both have coughs. It was so weird though, Sam hadn't been coughing and then when we went to church there was a cute little girl that was coughing. So Sam started coughing, I just thought it was an attention thing. (the mom had cough drops and Sam really wanted one)
So anyways, then she kept coughing later that day and then Mason started coughing too. The saddest part is listening to them cough while they are sleeping. No wonder Mason isn't getting a good nights sleep. (he doesn't normally anyways, but this isn't helping any) So when Mason doeasn't get a good nights sleep, and Ben doesn't get a good nights sleep, you can only imagine who else doesn't get a good nights sleep. . . . . Mom!
The only saving grace (knock on wood) is that Samantha and Luella sleep through Mason waking up in the middle of the night. He wakes up and screams and cries, it is truly so sad.

Another really sad side note is that I was going to start the week off getting in a good habit of running in the morning, and well it didn't happen today. So hopefully it will happen tomorrow morning. I really just need to start doing it. It isn't so much for the body image (well not entirely, a little, but not entirely), but for the way that I feel after. There is definately something about working out that is good for me. It makes my body feel good, and not to mention 30 minutes to 1 hour of just Whitney Time!!!! Listening to whatever music I want and not having to think about anything else. The best part is that I can just let my mind wonder for that whole time, and that isn't a luxury that happens during the day. There isn't much down time at my house. So I will be heading off to bed here pretty soon so I can achieve my goal of getting up early and heading to the gym. And let's hope that Mason has a good nights sleep for my sake, for Ben's sake and for poor little Mason's sake. He needs it so he can be a happy little boy!!!!

1 comments:

Anna-Lisa said...

Yeah Whitney - I kept waiting for the call to go running with you!