Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mason-isms

We went over to some friends house last weekend and before we left this was some of Mason's work. He likes to line his toys up in a straight row across the room. (he is really particular about it too) So, in this case all the magnets were lined up across the kitchen. I've never met a little boy that has to have everything in its right spot. Hopefully it will continue as he gets older.


He hasn't been so into his little Lu sister, but when he is it is so cute. He asks to hold her, kiss her, and I love it when he snuggles up to her.
My little Mason is one of a kind. This morning after he had breakfast he wanted to go outside. He went and got his shoes and socks to have Ben put them on and as Ben was putting them on Mason told Ben "We can't go on the grass!!! There is poop on the grass!!!" The only reason I told Mason to stay off the grass is to stay off the poop, sad that he remembers that. Hopefully we will be fixing that problem and Mason can play on the grass.



Lately Mason's favorite thing is to go outside (usually with his dog) and play basketball. He goes out there first thing in the morning all the way up til when it is dark outside. He can just shoot and shoot forever.

If he isn't out playing basketball or actually playing basketball in our house. He has been moving his little tikes hoop to whatever room he is in. The other day he actually shoved it down the stairs so he could play it in the basement. But if he isn't doing something sporty inside or out . . . he is watching a movie. Currently there are a few he is obsessed over. "Curious George" ( not too bad) "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"(it could be worse) and finally "High School Musical 1 2 or 3" (I guess the secrets out). Seriously, I cannot get him away from those movies. But the sad thing is that he just loves the High School Musical ones. They are cute, but you'd think Mace would love something else; aparently not. I hope it is just a phase and once the warm weather hits, he will spend all his time outside.
Some other cute things about Mace . . . .
when someone new is around and there is music on or a movie on he makes sure to ask them if they like what is playing. Whenever my sisters get into the car he asks them if they like the music that is playing. Cute right?!
He loves to take showers in the big kid shower. Right when he gets in he puts his hands behind his back and stands with he bakc side in the water. He just stands there and lets the water run down him. Too bad for anyone else that is in the shower with him, he doesn't like to share the water.
Speaking of sharing. Have you ever seen the episode of Friends where Joey is on a date and his date tries to have some of his food? He keeps telling her she can't have any, and finally tells her that "Joey doesn't share food!" Well, have you ever tried to ask for a bite of some of Mason's food? And if you take before he answers, he usually gets mad. The reason is MASON DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!!!!!!
He has the cutest lowest voice, and usually his answers to questions are one answers like "yea" and he has only 2 levels. Loud and louder.
Potty training is a no go at the moment. But Mason does let me know when he is going poop. He usually removes himself from the room and goes to another room. If I walk in and ask him what he is doing he will come right out and tell me. " I'm poopin" I then ask him if he wants me to change him and he tells me "no in a minute"
At my moms house this has happened several times. His favorite place to poop in Grandpa's office. So my dad once went in there and didn't know what Mason was doing, but my dad soon came out laughing. I can imagine it went something like this . . .
My dad walks into the office and sees Mason there. Mason then tells my dad "get out im poopin" as nicely as a 2 1/2 year old can. This has happened lots of times and my dad gets a kick out of it.
Mason will tell us that he is going to play basketball or football when he gets bigger. He likes to ask us if we will either play with him or watch. When he talks about Lu and playing anything he always tells me that she is too small and that when she gets bigger then she can play with him.
He loves and I mean LOVES church. We take him to nursery and he just goes right in and loves it. He especially loves one of the teachers in nursery. He is one of the oldest in nursery right now, and it shows. He is almost 3 but looks like a 4 year old.

0 comments: