Sunday, February 21, 2010

SATURDAY DATE NITE

Ben and I had a really fun date night tonight, thanks to a really cute girl in our ward who had been asking to watch our kids. Samantha and Mason were so excited to have her come over. They were asking me all day if it was time to go pick her up, and I kept on telling them that it wasn't time and that she can drive herself over. (she is 21) So Brittney came over and Ben and I were off. It is such a nice feeling to leave your kids with someone and not worry one bit. The only thing I ever worry about it is if my kids are being nice.
So Ben and I headed over to Laser Quest. Laser tagging really isn't my cup of tea, well to be honest I hadn't ever done it before. (and Ben said I wasn't fun when I told him that he could go and I would just sit out and wait for him). My sister in law Anna wanted to go for her birthday, so we met everyone there and laser tagging it was. Just so you know, you probably shouldn't wear any sort of a heel or dress up shoe laser tagging. I show up in my cute "date nite" apparel. You know the cute boots, and the cute shirt with the belt and everything. Everyone else shows up in their tennies. So word to the wise, wear tennies next time I go laser tagging. If there is a next time. It was fun, but not all that. We got done and I looked at Ben who was totally sweating and all hot (like temperature hot, even though he is hot hot!!!) I asked him why he was sweating? I didn't understand that people were running around the whole time. But that would explain why I didn't see anyone the whole time, except Tiffany. And she kept on shooting me. I won't be walking in front of her next time either. But now I can say that I have laser tagged.
We got done and I was really hungry. It was around 8 or so and we hadn't had dinner. So we thought we'd go and find somewhere close to a movie theater, since we were going to catch "Valentine's Day" We went to Iggy's and ordered ribs and a side salad. Mistake #2 don't order ribs if you have only 30 minutes in the restaraunt. When we realized it was almost 9:10 and our movie was about to start, and we hadn't gotten our salad or ribs we had to cancel our order. So we quickly shared a side salad and hurried off to the movie theater.
Luckily they have my favorite kettle korn, so a big bucket of that would hold us over perfectly. The movie was really cute, predictable but cute. And we downed the whole bucket of popcorn. As we were walking out of the theater I looked down at myself and realized that I had popcorn crumbs all over my front. I then looked at Ben and his front was totally covered as well. We must have been really hungry cause we were wearing our food. It gave us a good laugh.

I just have to say that as the movie was beginning Brittney text me and told me that all 3 kids were in bed and asleep. Shocker right, that my kids would go to bed better for others than they do for Ben and me. Brittney was so sweet to want to come and be with my kids. They love her and were so excited to hang out with her. Thanks Brit!!!!!

And of course what is the irony that right about the time that Ben and I are going to go to bed Mason wakes up crying. This is such the story of our lives right now. But I think it is just too long of a saga, so I will have to save that one for a post all of its own.

1 comments:

Anna-Lisa said...

Thanks for doing Laser tag even if it isn't your cup of tea!