Tuesday, February 9, 2010


I have come to realize, not accept yet, but realize that there are things that I sometimes want to do and things that I need to do. There is a huge difference. Like I really want to go running, but what trumps that? I really need to clean my house. I really want to have just a quiet moment to myself. I really need to be with and play with my kids every moment that they are awake.

So this is the realization that I have about running and my body. Even though I have no excuses why I don't get up in the early morning (Luella is sleeping about 11 hours a night), I am just way too tired. Call me crazy, it's not like I have a million things going on during the day with 3 kids to take care of, a house to keep clean and everything else that comes along with being a stay at home mom. Which I love, don't get me wrong. But back to my running and the body I would have if I had all the time in the world to run and work out and the body that I will have to settle with for right now because of my lack of time.

That is the sad truth for me right now. I have signed up for a 1/2 marathon in March and to tell you the truth, I have not been training like I should. I am just hoping that the running after my kids, cleaning my house, driving carpool, ect will get me ready enough for the race. I average about 1 run a week, which isn't much.

So I just keep imagining what I might look like with that body that runs all the time. But for now I will just watch what I eat, and keep on doing what I am doing and hope that it is enough. After all isn't that about what every mom feel at some point?

It is all I can do and I hope it is enough!!!!!
(what I want to do is sit here and browse the net, but what I really need to do it get my sweet baby and give her a bottle!! happy blogging days)

2 comments:

J and T said...

Pres. Uchtdorf used the following quote in a previous talk. It is, "BESIDES THE NOBLE ART OF GETTING THINGS DONE, THERE IS THE NOBLE ART OF LEAVING THINGS UNDONE. THE WISDOM OF LIFE CONSISTS IN THE ELIMINATION OF NON-ESSENTIALS." It has become my new philosophy this year, and I think it kind of sums up what you are saying. Just wanted to share.

It was good to see you guys last week.

Tara

Melanie Bingham said...

For the record. You LOOK AWESOME I would kill to have the body you have now.