Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!
Well, I just have to remenisce about Valentine's Day 7 years ago. That was Ben and my first date. We went out to see "How to Lose a Guy in 10 days" and then we went back to his parents and had heart shaped pizzas and hung out. It was way fun, and I'm sure I knew that there would be many more Valentine's Days to come with this guy. Little did I know that they would vary in so many ways.
Valentine's Day when you have no kids and Valentine's Day when you have kids is so different. When you don't have kids, there isn't the worry of finding a sitter, being too tired to even go out, and everything else. Our first Valentine's Day married we headed to Bear Lake for the weekend. It was so fun, we were way young, totally in love and not a worry in the world.
6 years later, Valentine's Day is a little bit different.
Since Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday this year, I for sure thought that we would either go out on Friday or Saturday night. Well, Friday night came and went and Ben was nice enough to let me have a little quiet time to myself. I went out and just browsed for a bit.
Saturday morning came and Ben thought it might be a good time to try to find a sitter for that night, bless his heart. Saturday night came and Saturday night went. Needless to say we didn't find a sitter. We got the kids in bed and Ben went out and got us Zupas, it is one of our favorite places to eat lately. The cauliflower soup and the turkey pesto panini . . . . mmmmm it is so tasty.
Sunday morning the kids ran out to find their Valentine from Mom. I had gotten the girls matching slipper socks. (Sam had been wearing mine, you know the really comfy socks that are almost slipperish, so I thought it was a good idea to get her some of her own) And while I was out Friday night, I saw the cutest Spiderman hat, and thought of my cute little boy. So they all put on their Valentine and we went about our day. Church, that we barely made it through. Dinner at Honey and Poppy's, way fun and very tiring (for both the kids and the adults) and then home to get the kids in bed.
Really that isn't that exciting of a Valentine's Day if you ask me. I don't mean to sound like a brat, and I don't ask for much. I did tell Ben that I would just like him in the future to get a sitter so we can have a night out together. I want him to think of me, him find a sitter (I do find all of our other sitters the other 364 days of the year), and take me out just the 2 of us.
I don't think that is too much to ask, but really you have to be realistic when you have kids. Things don't always go as you think they will, and you have to be flexible.
So on this Valentine's Day, I would like to wish Ben a Happy Valentine's Day. I really love you and am greatful that we had our very 1st date 7 years ago on this Lovey Dovey Holiday. There is no doubt in my mind that you still love me after 6 years of marriage. I love you and can't wait to have alot more Valentine's Days together.
(I just have to say how cute it was when Sam came home from school on Friday. She had her bag of Valentine's from her friends at school, and the first thing she wanted to do was share all of her candy with her brother. They sat outside and ate every single piece of candy that was in that bag. They really do love eachother.)

0 comments: