Monday, March 1, 2010

LATE NITE KSL - ING

So I never knew that there was such a hot market for cell phones on KSL!!!

I got a Blackberry Storm last fall, and thought it was a great phone. Then Ben decided that we should be on the same network, so for Christmas he got me an iphone. I LOVE my iphone!!!!! My blackberry was great too, but since I don't need it I thought that I would sell it on KSL. I figured we would put it on there and maybe it would sell, and maybe not. We didn't actually pay anything for the phone. We got the phone and a protective cover for it for free (with a mail in rebate) and the only thing we paid for was the invisishield. So we figured that we would sell it for 50$. Pretty good price considering if you buy the phone at a store it could cost between 100 -200 $. So I had Ben walk me through the process of putting it on line. We hit the button to PLACE THE AD at about 11:30 and at 11:33 my phone started beeping off the hook. It is 12:08 and I have gotten 7 text messages and 2 phone calls, and 1 voice mail. It seriously made me laugh, I thought it was so funny that people were calling and texting so late. Obviously we should have put it on there for more than 50$.

So the 1st text message we got we told we would sell to him. Then as I was writing back and forth with him, figuring out where to meet and what time tomorrow I got a phone call. This guy was calling at 11:45 to see if I had already sold the phone. I told him that someone was coming to pick it up tomorrow. Bless his heart, he wanted to come and get it tonight, and he was even willing to pay an extra 10$ for it tonight. He kept telling me that I needed to put it as SOLD because he was going to buy it from me. I think he really, really, really wanted it.

So Ben deleted all of my info off the phone, and headed out to the McDonalds to meet this guy at 12:15 in the morning. The worst thing about it is that I feel bad for the other 9 people who tried to contact me. One wanted it to give to her mom for her birthday, the voicemail said that his phone had broke or died so he really needed it, and I especially feel bad for the guy that was going to pick it up tomorrow. He told me over his text that he was going to send it to his brother in Peru as a present. He said that the storm is a global phone that can be used there. So I really felt bad, but I'm sure another great deal will come along. That is the great thing about KSL, there are always great deals popping up all over the place!!!!!

I guess the moral of the story is . . . . .

If you are going to list something on KSL or Craigslist or something like that, price it higher than you think it should be. GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!

0 comments: