Saturday, March 6, 2010

Whitney's New Mission

I am a wife and a mother first and foremost.
I chose this job and I love it!
My mission is to act like I love it.
Even when it is hard.

Anyone who has kids or a husband knows that is is hard! Marriage is alot of work. It is awesome, but alot of work. It's not always a walk in the park. Kids are so fun and so rewarding, but lots and lots of work. Lots of selflessness. I know I've said it before, but it is alot of giving up what you want to do for the things that you have to do. Don't get me wrong. There isn't another job I would rather be doing, but it is what it is. It may be different for other moms and wives, but that is how it is for this mom and this wife. Lots of long days and lots of work.

I don't always have a smile on my face. I'm not always the best mom and wife that I can or should be. There are times that I wish I would have handled situations differently, and that is why I am constantly asking for forgiveness. Not only from my kids and husband but also from my Father in Heaven. There is always room for improvement. But my kids and my husband should always know that I love them (even when I don't act like it)

This is why I am consciously making this effort to be a better mom and wife. Everyday I think about this, all day long. I need to let my kids know that they are most important to mommy and that they have my full attention when I am home with them. And I need Ben to know that when he comes home from a long day of work, he can come home and relax and put his feet up. Home should be his safe place, his haven. Even if I am having a hard day, I need to keep a smile on my face and keep going.

When you put things out there in the open then you are always more accountable for them. Somehow when they are in writing then you think about them more.

This is my new goal. It won't happen over night. I will have good days and not so good days. Happy moments and not so happy moments. But this is a good goal worthy of working towards!

0 comments: