Wednesday, March 17, 2010

CRAZY COUPLE DAYS

So far this week has been such a whirlwind! It is half over and I don't feel like I got much done . . . . lets think back and see what has been going on.

Monday . . . . .
It wouldn't be a normal day if my Mace didn't hurt himself in some way.
As you can see he has 2 owie.
The owie on his nose is from last week and we don't even know what happened.
His lip is swollen and red, he tripped up the stairs.
I heard him screaming and found him with a mouth full of blood.
I'm in total aw that he still has all of his teeth.


Mason was getting pictures taken, so of course Sam wanted her picture taken.
Monday night Ben went night skiing, so the kids and I headed down south (just as far as Orem) to go to a Uah Flash game with Aunt Jessica and Uncle Pencer. They are so good to help me out with my kids . . . . all the time. They gave Mason a ticket to the game for his birthday, and since Ben was gone I thought it would be fun to take all the kids down.
BY THE WAY, Mason is exactly like his Mom. He gets extremely grumpy when he is hungry. Before the game we went to Jessica's and we were fixing dinner, but aparently not fast enough. He was so unhappy, but as soon as he got some food . . . all better.
NOTE TO SELF, take snacks every where you go.
Samantha was less than thrilled to get her picture taken here, weird right.
Masson on the other hand was very excited.
Mason was having such a blast. He was cheering and clapping. But every 30 seconds to a 1 min he would ask where the Fox was (their mascot) and when the airplane was coming out. (the airplane that drops prizes) Samantha loved watching the dancers, but about the time that they started doing the pelvic thrust moves, that's when I told Samantha that she couldn't dance like that, ever!
Tuesday . . . .
We got up, and hurried our little selves to the doctors office. I had appointments for Mason and Lu at 9 am. That is really pushing it for us. Some mornings my kids aren't even out of bed til 830. As I was getting out of the car and heading in through the parking lot, there was the nicest guy. I guess he saw I had my hands full, or just felt sorry for me, but he offered to hold Lu's car seat. He carried Luella in and all the way up the elevator so I could just hold the diaper bag, and the other 2 kids hands. It was such a nice, refreshing act of kindness.
Mason and Luella are growing like crazy.
Mason
Weight 36 lbs
Height 40.2 in
He is a big kid. 90th % for his height and 50-70th% for weight.
The doctor said that if he was in kindergarten he would be about the same size as the other kids, if not bigger. He is going to be a tall kid.
Luella
Weight 14lbs
Height 24.5 in
She is just such the average little girl. She is 50th % for both height and weight.
Not too big and not to small, just as a cute little girl should be.
The doctor said to go ahead and really start giving her solids. SUCCESS She had a jar of carrots and didn't cry. I know once she figures out that it is food, she will be totally into it. But it was really cute to watch her figuring out how the spoon works.
St. Patrick's Day is usually such a fun holiday. But as soon as we woke up I got a phone call from none other than Ben, telling me that he had car trouble on his way to work. So of course I had to load the kids in the car and drive out to take him some tools to fix his tire. Mind you that none of us have had breakfast, or even gotten dressed. Lu was actually still in bed. I packed a little sack of cereal for the kids, and made a bottle for the road. And right then I knew it was going to be a wild day.
Sometimes I bite off more than I can chew. I drove carpool, attempted to go on a run with Tiffany (but both of our strollers were giving us trouble . . . . BUST), picked up carpool, went out to Grandma B's to visit, made dinner to take t a neighbor, and never even got into my favorite green St Patty's Day shoes. I might have to sport them tomorrow a day late or something. But really by the time it was 3 I could hardly believe the day was almost over.
Ben has been busy at work. Leaving early and staying late. It has been a true 1 woman show around here. I've been trying and trying to make conscious efforts to be a better mom. But as I am not perfect, I have had to just keep trying. I got the kids to bed before Ben got home tonight, and then as I always check in on them right before I got to bed, I love what I find. Luella is always just a little angel sleeping. Mason was about on the edge of his bed, but he was asleep, so we left him be. Cute Samantha had her head on BoBo the Bear. But the cutest part was that she had a picture on her pillow. It was a picture of Ben, Sam and me (i was pregnant with Mace) and a monkey while we were in Mexico. Ben had given her the picture this morning, and she has carried it around all day. It was just so precious to see it sitting on her pillow right next to her. I just love that little girl.
Even though I am running a 1 woman show, I still need to remind myself what I am really doing. Who I am taking care of. These kids are on loan to me, and I need to do the best job that I can. I need to keep that in mind when I am about to have a melt down because noone is listening to me, or the kids are fighting. They are on loan to Ben and me. Really when you think about it, people only loan things out if they know they will be taken care of. Heavenly Father must have great faith in me and my abbilities to take care of these little kids. I just need to be patient and work at it. And maybe keep working at it!
I also can't forget my mission.
I AM A MOTHER AND WIFE 1ST AND FORMOST.
I CHOSE THIS JOB AND I LOVE IT.
MY MISSION IT TO ACT LIKE I LOVE IT,
EVEN WHEN IT IS HARD.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

whitney,
I don't comment much but it is a ritual of mine to check your blog daily...as if we don't talk or I don't know what's going on. But you are doing a great job as a mom and I appreciate your honest updates on life at the Rich home! Love ya, Rebekah