Wednesday, March 24, 2010

WHAT'S A PAJAMA DAY MOM?

It's been pretty busy around here, basically doing a 1 woman show. Don't get me wrong, Ben tries to help out but he can't really do much. So I've been driving him to work, picking him up, putting the kids to bed, ect, ect and so on. Monday I was really not feeling to great by the end of the day. My body was aching, I had a head ache, my stomach hurt, it wasn't fun. I got the kids in bed around 8 and hopped in bed myself.

Tuesday morning I was feeling really bad, Ben even had his mom come and drive him to work cause I just couldn't think about it. I had been up in to night, nothing sounded good to eat, and the only thing that helped was to be laying down. It was all I could do, so while I sat with my kids while they ate breakfast I told them we were going to have a pajama day. Samantha asked me "What is a pajama day mom?" I told her it is where you stay in your pj's all day long and we stay in mommies bed and watch movies all day long. They both seemed pretty excited. Movies all day, what could be better. I really haven't had a day where I was down all day, at least not while I've had kids. I mean life must go on, right?

So basically Sam and Mace layed on the floor and Lu and I layed on the bed. I would get up to make a bottle, feed Lu and then go put her in bed. She was so great to just eat, play on the bed and then take naps all day long. Samantha and Mason didn't really have very many upsets either, it was kinda nice. By the time it was 4:30 we were all ready to go out in the car and get daddy.

Lu baby just chillin on mommies bed. We brought everything we could've needed so we didn't have to get out of bed.

Sam and Mason made themselves a little bed on the floor.
We did have 1 little upset, but it wasn't between Sam and Mason, it was between Mason and Molly. I'm not quite sure what happened, but Mason insisted that Molly had bit his teeth. He really wanted a bandaid to make it feel better. The only problem was that the closest I could get to his teeth was his upper lip. This picture seriously makes me laugh everytime I look at it. He looks so dang cute with that face and the bandaid taking over his lip. But he was happier once I put it on him.
Wednesday I woke up and felt tons better. I must have felt better if I had the stomach to make some really yummy salsa and some cookies. Those are a few of our favorite things.


Then of course it is always an adventure when Samantha dresses herself for school. It stared out ok but by the time she got to her socks and shoes, I'm not quite sure what she was thinking. I just have to let it go. I took her picture and then she asked if she could take my picture. I told her she could take my picture when I looked silly, then she told me to go change my clothes. Pretty clever little girl.
You don't realize how not fun it is to be sick, especially when you have stuff to do. It basically just gets in the way. Glad to be back on my feet and feeling better!

0 comments: