Wednesday, March 3, 2010

IN SEARCH OF THAT PERFECT WALLET

If someone came up to me and said "Hey listen, I really want to break into your car, but I just wanted to let you know that if you give me any cash you have in your wallet and anything like cash then I won't. I won't bash your window in. I won't take off with your purse, wallet, and dayplanner. Just give me what cash you have." I would give them the cash and say thanks for saving me the hassle of everything that comes along with getting your purse stolen and your car broken into.

I wish that whoever bashed in my car window today would have just waited for me by my car and asked for the cash, I would have given it to them.

Ben had the day off and after he got some important things done, we decided that we would go to a movie. Honey took Sam and Mason and Grandma B took little Lu. We were set to go, except for the fact that we were late to the movie, so we decided to browse some stores instead.

We headed to TJ Maxx and Ben got some pants and I got a dress and sweat suit. Yay!!! It is always fun to get new clothes. After TJ Maxx Ben wanted to go to Home Depot and look around, but instead I told him he could look at some magazines at Barnes and Noble. So we parked and headed in to get some hot chocolate and browse the magazines.

We were there for only 15 minutes or so, then I headed to Old Navy and Ben headed to Home Depot. That was short lived. Ben came rushing in as I was looking at some really cute boots, and told me we had to go NOW. He said that our car window was broken. Then of course he asks if me purse was in there. Well of course it was in the car. . . . where else would it be. Well now it is in the hands of a thief.

In the time we were in Barnes and Noble and Old Navy someone had bashed in my window and snatched my purse. Not just my purse but my wallet and my dayplanner that were in my purse. I kept telling Ben that my life is in that purse. I keep track of everything in that dayplanner. I had just put some cash in my wallet. There were 3 different gift cards in my wallet. All my debit cards, check book, and credit card were in the wallet. And just to tell you . . . it was my very very favorite wallet.

I am completely devastated!!!!!

This happened to us 2 years ago when we moved into our house. My purse, wallet, diaper bag and more were stolen out of the tahoe in our garage. (you'd think I would have learned my lesson . . . . I guess not) But a couple days after it was stolen my wallet was found out in Lehi. So I did get my wallet back, but not my way cute Aldo purse.

I asked Ben if he thought I would get my wallet back and he highly doubts it.

It makes me so angry that someone took it, even though everything in there is just STUFF. But it was MY STUFF!!!!! Not to mention the huge headache it is going to be to get all new accounts for everything, new drivers license, new hair licence, and to find a new wallet. The finding a new purse isn't an issue. I have 2 huge totes full of purses of all shapes and colors, but the wallet is another story. I am going to have to search high and low for just the right one.

But until then it is just really the weirdest feeling to really have nothing. No purse, no wallet, and no cards to swipe if I need to buy something. That is a really strange feeling. And it is horrible to think that whoever took it has probably just dumped all of it now that they can't use the cards. I just hate dishonest people.

When Sam asked what happened to our window I told her that someone had broken it and they stole my purse. She asked if it was a bad person? Yea, it was a bad person. But from now on I really really won't be leaving my purse in to car!!!! I'm pretty sure I have learned my lesson.

3 comments:

Ang said...

I'm so sorry! Not fun!

Lanae said...

I'm SO sorry to hear about that! That makes me crazy that someone would do that!

Melanie Bingham said...

I'm so sorry! I've had my wallet stollen and it SUCKS!