Sunday, March 14, 2010

COMBINED PARTY

3 years ago when I was pregnant with Mason, and I got to decide what day I was having him; I actually just picked the first available date. (that is as soon as the doctor and insurance will let you) It happen to be the day after my sister Jessica got married and on my nephew Stillman's birthday. It worked out perfect! I made it to the wedding, very pregnant and then went to have the baby the next day.

So Mason and Stillman share a birthday. Even though we celebrated Mason's birthday on the 11th, Taylor had his boys this weekend so we had a little combined party. We got together at Grandma B's. We had pizza, salad, chips, cake and ice cream. It was so much fun. Samantha and Mason LOVE to see their cousins. Especially since they don't see them much. Mason just adores Bridger, I don't know what it is but he just follows him around and wants to be right there with him.

After we had dinner and before dessert we played a little game. DON'T EAT PETE!!! This was one of my favorite games growing up. I think we must have played it every family party, FHE, Sunday nights, basically all the time. It is a board with squares and numbers in the squares, about 31. Then you put a piece of candy on each of the squares. You send someone out of the room and while they are out, you all decide on a number/square to be pete. The person comes back in and one by one start taking the candies off the board. When they get to the chosen square, everyone yells "DON'T EAT PETE!!!!!" I don't know why we loved it so much, because we all got pretty scared/nervous for everyone to yell at us. But we must have liked it cause we played it all the time.

I thought it would be fun to show these little kids, and let them play. We started with Mason and he nearly cleared the board before he got to Pete, he really liked it. Then Stillman and Bridger went and they also really liked it. But then Samantha went. She started taking the candies off one by one and then as soon as we yelled "don't eat pete" she got way scared. She didn't even want another turn (unlike the 3 boys who all wanted another turn) Samantha told me she didn't want to play that game any more. At least the other 3 kids liked it. I remember it being alot more intriguing when I was little. There were alot more people playing and everyone was really into it. But that wasn't the case last night.

It was a fun night to get together with my family. Taylor, Stillman, Bridger, Hilary, Micah, Nicholas, Rebecca, Charly, Grandma B and Grandpa were all there. Thanks for such a fun night.

Grandma explaining the game/rules

Of course, what's a game without a little
sibling rivalry



Most of the gang who was there, minus Grandpa,
Hilary, and Micah

I just have to say that it was priceless to see Mason's face while he was playing the game. He was totally loving it, had such a big grin on his face!!!! That is what I love to see!

0 comments: