Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daddy's Day Off


Since it was a holiday yesterday, Ben had the day off. The days that Ben has with us are far and few in between. We thought it would be a fun idea to take the kids to see "The Frog Princess"

It was supposed to be really fun, and it was; but what is a day without a few hic-ups. The kids were way excited to go and see a movie. We got them some treats at the store and of course they wanted to eat them right then. Sam and Mason had a good little cry in the car while I tried to explain to them that they couldn't carry their treats in, but mom had to put them in her purse. And if they ate them right then, they wouldn't have anything to eat during the movie. So, we got that all worked out and got into the movie. It was such a cute movie. Luella sat on my lap the whole time, and was really good. Most of the time she just sat and looked at the huge screen, then she fell asleep. Sam ate so much candy that I thought she was going to be sick. She was asking questions about the movie and talking redally loud. It was way cute. Mason was mostly just worried about getting all of his starbursts unwrapped and "how do we get out" He coudn't see the door and was worried that we wouldn't be able to get out of the theater. They were pretty good during the movie. Then when we left I was putting the baby in and all of a sudden I saw Ben dart out into the street. Mason had run and I mean RUN into the street and probably thought it was pretty funny. He was incredibly lucky though. Right before he ran out into the street a car had passed. That car could have hit him, and I am so grateful it didn't. After that we tried to explain to Sam and Mason the safety involved with listening and obeying. I hope that some day they will understand and listen and obey. Especially when their safety is involved.

It was fun to go out as a family, but after Ben and I both thought that maybe they are still a little too young to appreciate going out on adventures. And Ben and I don't have enough patience right now to do these kind of adventures that often.

I was just glad that we had Ben home with us for a whole day.

0 comments: