Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tbbie, Owie, and Trees

I usually give Luella a bath in the sink or in her own little bathtub. She is getting bigger and I thought it might be easier to give her a bath with the other kids. So I had Samantha hold her while I washed. I had to take a picture. I have a picture of me when I was little in the bathtub with my brothers and sisters. It was just so picture perfect!
I've seriously been rethinking my career. Only because I act as a nurse so much at my house. It isn't a normal day if there isn't an accident that involves Mason, his mouth and blood. Mason was playing on the love sacs (which are right by a rock wall), and I walked by and told him to be careful. Next thing I knew he fell and I heard, yes I heard something hit. Yep, his mouth. It is shocking that he still has all of his teeth. It is debatable whether or not they are dead or not. But anyways, he hit his mouth and ripped up his gums pretty good. It was so sad and so bloody, not so fun. Of course he wanted a band aid, but he didn't quite understand that I couldn't put the band aid on his teeth. So we have another mustache/band aid picture.


We are really trying to get our backyard in order so we can make it pretty and playable. But there is alot to be done. We sold the subaru the other night, (yes, ksl has proved to be a good source of selling things for us. Just in a month we have sold a phone, a car, and a stroller!) since we sold the subaru we had a little bit of extra cash, so why not spend it. Ben was torn, he really wanted to get a new TV but he knew that we really needed some trees taken out of the back yard. Not so much needed but it would make a big difference.
So we got the quote yesterday, and 4 guys came out today and got the job done.
Just picture this tree full of branches. Mason was really worried about these guys climbing the tree and how they would get down.


All in all they took down a MASSIVE pine tree, another normal size pine, a small pine and another stub. It took them about 4 hours. (I'll post a picture of what is looks like now, it is such a huge difference. Now the sunshine actually shines on our patio slab)
Mason and Samantha said some pretty funny stuff while they were here.
Mason was in shock and awe that they were climbing the trees and cutting them down. He kept on saying "it's amazing, it's amazing"
Samantha on the other hand was devastated that they were taking the trees out. She said things like " I just wanted our trees to live!" and "Can they cut down the trees but leave the pine cones?"
One of Samantha and Mason's favorite things to do is take a grocery sack out and fill it with pine cones. Unfortunately they cannot take the tree and leave the pine cones. But we still have plenty of pine trees in the front yard.
The kids had fun watching the process unfold. While they were working it was a complete snow storm and these guys managaed to find some time to build a HUGE snowman. (it did start to melt by the end of the day, so now it is just mainly the base) Sam and Mace loved watching them roll the snow, make the snowman and put some arms on it.
Kindof a fun productive day. It was nice that Ben and I didn't have to spend all that time getting those trees out. They did a job in 4 hours that would have taken Ben and I (and probably Grandpa Ballstaedt) at least 2 whole days. And I felt ok about paying them to do it because when I paid them, and said "thanks, you did a great job" they replied with "Thanks, and THANKS FOR THE WORK!!!" It made me feel happy and sad. Happy that I could help them out, and sad that they are hurting for work. But they really did a great job!
NOW ONTO A NEW PROJECT!!!!!(HINT HINT BEN)
(anyone know about putting in a new fence?!)

0 comments: