Tuesday, April 13, 2010

MY SWEET BENJI

So it had been a while since Ben and I had gone out on a date. Actually it had been a while since Ben had planned a date. Planned meaning find a sitter, ask me out, and plan our activities. So this last weekend we not only had 1, not 2, but 3 date nights.

I planned the first one (thank you grandma B for watching our little ones!!!) We took my brother out to dinner for his birthday. We went to Porcupine Grill. It is such good food, mixed with good company and great conversation. It was so much fun. We were out for a few hours, and it was so fun to hang out. When we got back to my mom's house it was the cutest little sight ( I wish I had taken a picture) My mom was holding Luella, Mason was laying on the couch practically on Grandpa's lap (asleep I might add), and Samantha was on the other couch snuggle under a blanket. It was so cute to see my 3 little one's snuggled up to grandma and grandpa. Mason has really taken to my dad lately, and it seriously just makes my little heart smile. My mom told me that my dad had spent quite a bit of time outside with Sam and Mason. Muffy passed away last week, and Sam and Mason were really curious about what had happened to her, where she was burried, and all that stuff. Grandpa took them out there and answered all their questions, then they just played. He pushed them on the swings and just stayed outside with them. How cute! That was such a great end to a great night!

Then Friday night we went out to Pei Wei with Coby and Tif (always way fun to hang out with them. I love it that Tif and I get along so great. She isn't even just my sister in law, we have become such great friends, I love hanging out with this girl. Just love her!!!) After dinner we went and saw Date Night. Apparently I was laughing the whole time. It was a pretty funny movie. Steve Carrelle is always way funny and Tina Fey brought a ton of Saturday Night Live to the movie, so if you can imagine, it was pretty funny.

Saturday night we went out to a great Burger place and then out to another movie. We went and saw Clash of the Titans. I didn't know much about it, but it was a great movie! Action, love, cute main guy. I can definately watch those kinds of movies.

The best part about our 3 date night weekend was that I got to be with Ben. Sometimes life just takes off and in the rush of it all, you kinda forget about eachother. But it was so great to have a few nights to just be with him, and not have to worry about anyting else. And the other best part was that our kids were totally taken care of. We have some great sitters in our ward. They always get the kids (yep, all 3 of them) to bed and that is partly why we love them so much!!!But most of all because they are adorable with our kids and I know that they are taking really good care of them!!! After all, the only people I want to take care of my precious kids are the ones that will love them and keep them safe and happy!!!

So thanks babe for a great weekend full of dates!!!!

0 comments: