Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Samantha just loves preschool. Everyday she comes home and can't wait to tell me what they did that day. She got out of carpool and had such a cute little lioness face drawn on her. A clown had come to school today, and painted all the kids faces and a picture on their arms. She thought the clown was pretty funny. She kept telling me all about his hands that squeaked, his funny pink nose, and his funny friend that was with him. I just love how excited she gets about things!
Lately, while Sam is in school I've been getting my training/running in. (it isn't always easy to push that stroller running for 5 miles, but i figure if I can do that then I can run a half marathon without pushing a stroller) It works out great, Mason loves to take stroller rides. He just talks and looks around and totally enjoys it. It has been pretty hot the last couple runs we've gone on, so I wasn't really surprised when I noticed half way on our run that Mason had dozed off. Both Lu and Mason were fast asleep. When I pulled into the garage Lu woke up, but Mason stayed fast asleep. I got him out of the stroller to take him in the house. He woke up for a minute, I put him on the couch to get him some water and by the time I got back to the couch he was out again. He stayed zonked out on the couch for a long time. He was asleep for about 2 hours, and he must have needed it cause he never takes naps.


(I just can't resist taking pictures of this cute little rounds face!)

Luella has taken her binky like a champ since she was born, but she occasionally finds her thumb and I'm not about to stop her. I think it is one of the cutest things to watch her such her thumb. I put her down for a nap and a few minutes later she was still making noises, so I went in there to put her binky back in. When I came in her arms had come out of the burrito and she had found her thumb. So now when we put her down for naps and to bed I'm trying not to wrap her up and just let her sleep with her arms out by her. I tried it for the first night last night and she did awesome. Slept just as long as she normally does. I just can't believe what an easygoing baby she is. She just goes along with whatever you need her to do, which is nice cause nothing is every really the same around here with my other active/wild kids.
(I just love the way her other fingers wrap around her nose while she is sucking on her thumb, it is so innocent and cute!!!)

2 comments:

the Eggett's said...

Wow, I am impressed! Pushing a double jogging stroller is difficult, but you are right, it's great training!

The Lively's said...

Hey Whit! It was awesome running into today! You looked great! Your kids are super cute! Hello Samantha looks like a little you! So cute! I hope we get a little me someday! Anyhoo you have a cute family! Stay in touch!