Monday, April 5, 2010

SEE A NEED . . . . FILL A NEED

I just love my dad, he is the greatest. Whenever he sees that something needs to be done, or someone needs something; he doesn't ask if he can help but he just does it. He is always willing to take time out of his busy schedule and help out anyone, especially his kids.

One of my favorite things about confrence weekend is my dad's rice pudding. He has made it for as long as I can remember. So now that I don't watch confrence at his house, he knew that I loved it so he came over to my house Saturday morning and made it for us, and watched confrence. It was tasty!!!

(totally cute side note, while we were watching confrence, my dad was sitting on the couch with Mason on his lap and my dad was tickling his back. Mason was in heaven!)


Friday night was pretty blustery. Ben and I actually watched our fence blow down. It is a 30 year old fence, but it still has to be standing until we can decide what we are going to do with it (for a new fence I mean) So while my dad was here, my neighbor came over to let me know he was going to go to Home Depot to get some supplies to stand it back up. Of course my dad heard this, knew that Ben can't do any hard labor with his shoulder, and after the 1st session of confrence, he just said he had an errand, and that he would be right back. When he came back, he brought with him some supplies to help my neighbor patch up the fence.


Mason was so excited to go out and help Grandpa that he got himself all dressed and warm so he could be outside.


(when my dad was all done working and getting ready to go home, Mason walked him out and hopped right into his car. He told Grandpa "I want to go wisth you." He got in, waved goodbye, blew me a kiss and took a little ride with Grandpa in his car. It was so cute!)























































My dad gave Mason the job of handing him the nails. Mason loved being out there with my dad, and my dad was so patient to let Mason get right in there and watch and help.




Even though it is a 30 year old fence, the way my dad gets jobs done it could probably stand for another couple years. I have always loved the way my dad serves others. He doesn't do it for his gain, but purely just so he can help. He has been like this ever since I was little. If he saw someone working out in there yard, trying to get stumps out he would go get his back hoe and come over and help them out, and save them a lot of time. I remember when I was in elementary school my dad came to pick me up from school. There was a little boy who fell and hurt himself while walking past us. My dad helped him up, and to try and make him feel better he got a candy bar out of his car and gave it to the little boy. Always just doing exactly the right thing at exactly the right time. See a need, fill a need! This is my dad to a T, and that is one of the reasons I love him so much!

0 comments: