Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TAKING MATTERS INTO MY OWN HANDS

So this is exactly how I feel lately, trying to order something from Dillards.



Ben was so sweet and got me a kitchenaid mixer for my birthday. I loved it, except the fact that the one thing that I make on a regular basis (my large cookie dough recipe) overflows out of it. And the fact that it doesn't quite mix the bottom of the bowl. I know, I should just get a smaller cookie recipe, but have you tried these cookies? They are so dang good. And others have told me to cut the recipe in half. Well, how exactly do you cut an egg in half? My point exactly.



So one night my kitchenaid and I had a bit of a mishap. There were some words exchanged, mostly coming from me. And not words that I would want to say in front of my kids. Let's just say that the flower was flying everywhere and I was not happy about it. Needless to say our relationship came to an end. I took the kitchenaid back to the store and was in search of another mixer.



I was having a debate about the kitchenaid and the cuisinart mixers. The cuisinart is bigger and that is the main feature that I am in need of. But while I was debating, I had my gang of 3 little houligans with me at the store. So I decided to debate the issue further at home. Mainly to spare any goods getting broken at the store. But the woman at the store said to call her back and she would order it for me over the phone and not charge me the shipping fee. Great! So I went home, thought about it for a while and made my decision.



I called Dillards last week so many times to order the dang mixer, but the conversation always ended the same. Either "I need to check on something, I'll call you back" or "can you hold while I check on that?" And to both, I never heard back from anyone.



Well, I have really been craving one of my yummy chocolate chip cookies, so this morning I called Dillards to get it ordered. I called 2x's and they said they would call me back. Then when I called a third time, they told me that they couldn't order it over the phone. I was going to have to come in and order it in the store. Well, I DON'T THINK SO.



If you can't get something done just by going through the normal channels, then go through management. So right after the lady told me I had to come in (with my 3 ring circus), I called back and asked to speak to a manager. I was very nice and polite on the phone, but explained to this nice woman my problem. I told her that if I didn't already have a gift card to Dillards that I had to spend there, I would have taken my business elsewhere a long time ago. I told her what some of her employees had told me they could do, and that they now were saying they were unable to come through. I also explained that I am merely trying to save them the hassle of having 3 little kids enter their store. So she was very nice, got down all my information, and is going to see how she can help me.



It just goes to show that if you need something done, you really have to take matters into your own hands. Sometimes the little guys have no idea what is going on, but talk to the managers and they will take care of it for you.



Don't be afraid to complain to get what you want and need!!!!!

(unfortunately after all that I still couldn't get my mixer ordered over the phone, dang it; so I'm just going to have to order in myself.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, so you talk to the manger at Dillards and they still couldn't do anything for you? What has happened to customer service these days! -Rebekah

Anna-Lisa said...

You see, this is why bosch is better! I only wish I could afford one....wasn't that supposed to be a wedding gift? But really - you and I should exchange recipes....i think our chocolate chip recipes are the same but mine doesn't overflow out of my kitchen aid. Make sure to put the flour in a little at a time. Then you just have to baby sit it!