Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm Thankful For . . . .



I'm thankful to be a mom!!! and everything that comes along with it. It sure is alot of work, alot of raising my voice, quite a bit of screaming these days, alot of laundry, lots of snacks and snacks to clean up after, mediating fights, teaching Samantha and Mason to be "soft" and nice, teaching Samantha over and over about manners like always saying "please" and "thank you", and the list could go on and on. But is is also alot of snuggling in the night when the kids cry (more for Ben, but he lets me go every once in a while), giving out bandaids when Samantha gets owies, kisses and hugs all day long, coloring with Samantha while Mason takes a nap, watching the kids play nice with eachother in their fort, teaching Mason to say lots of new words like "please" "thank you" and all the other important ones like "grandma" "papa" "honey" and "poppy", and hearing my kids say "i love you mommy" through out the day, and the list goes on and on. I love being a mom, and I'm thankful my Heavenly Father has entrusted these sweet little kids to me, to be their mom for a while. I love watching them discover and learn and wouldn't trade it for anything.

1 comments:

Posh Ideas said...

I agree. I sometimes have to reflect on my crazy days and say I'm thankful for this! It's the best job in the world and the hardest!