Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm Thankful For . . . .



I'm thankful that my mom taught me to cook. I'm not the best, but I learned from the best. My mom always had great warm snacks ready for us when we came home from school, and a yummy dinner on the table for all of us to enjoy. I remember baking and cooking with my mom when I was younger. She let me experiment, and I remember it was fun to be in the kitchen with her. Samantha loves to cook. As soon as she sees me get ingredients out, she pulls a chair or her little stool over and asks how she can help. (she also does the same thing at Grandma B.'s and Honey's, it is very cute) Today we made cookies to take to a neighbor and she pulled the chair over and helped me right away. We were getting so much done that I decided to make dinner at the same time. It is so nice to pass on little things to my little girl that were passed on from my mom. Those are the kind of things that I hope Samantha remembers . . . . . .

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makenna does the same thing. She loves to help put all the ingredients in.