Thursday, October 7, 2010

St George family weekend

So for the last few years our family has been heading down to St George on Confrence/Marathon weekend. We stayed at a hotel one year and then decided that renting a house was the way to go, since we are many in numbers and just getting bigger. At the last minute Ben found out he couldn't come down til Firiday nite (which turned into Saturday morning), so I loaded up the bags, the kids and we all headed down for a family weekend.

Luella was totally outgrowing her infant carseat. So we switched her to the bigger one and faced her forward, and she loved it. Beside the fact that she can see a whole lot more, she got to watch a movie with Sam and Mason. When she was in the infant seat she was trying to kink her neck backwards to see the screen. As soon as we turned on the movie she started watching.
We all headed down on Grandpa's birthday. So when the last car load had arrived we had a yummy birthday dinner, brownies and some presents. Rebekah had found one of those cards that when you open it, it starts singing to you. But this was s really, really big card.
Happy Birthday dad!!! I love you so much, you are the greatest and you mean so much to me, Ben and our kids. I couldn't have ever asked for a better dad.



Seriously, I don't think I held Lu very much the whole weekend. If Rebekah wasn't holding her, Jessica was, and if Jessica wasn't then Hilary was and if Hilary wasn't another aunt or Grandma B, Grandpa or one of the uncles was. But I can't blame them, she is very lovable.

Look at this cute couple!!! I just love them to pieces.

These 2 are the reason we had such an amazing house! (really it was incredible) They planned it all from finding the house to the meals to everything. It was such a success.



Lu slept in the laundry room. It was dark, had a door that would close and the best part is that we could still be out in the kitchen/family room playing cause I just turned on the dryer to muffle any noises and she slept right through it. I just love this easy going baby. Such a gift from heaven!

Does Sam look like she is posing?! Just a little right!
It is such a cute picture of Jessica and Sam.
My sweet little boy. I had an epiphany a while ago and decided that I need to REALLY play with Mason. He is so much more high energy than Sam has every been. He wants to be playing all the time. Sword fights, and legos and running around and all the boy stuff. But I just love this boy. He has such a special place in my heart!!!





I love getting pictures of Luella and Charly together. They are so close in age and are at such a cute age. They are starting to interact with eachother when they are on the ground by each other. I can't wait for their little friendship to grow as they get older. I had a cousin my same age growing up and it was so great. We were such good friends, I'm excited for them to have the same thing.



It was so warm that the pool is where we hung out. Luella just hung out on the tube sun bathing. She had fun in the shallow end, just sitting and splashing around.



Jessica was messing around and styled Lu's hair curly (it has some really cute curls in it), so we jsut kept it curly. We'd put some spray in it and it was so cute. So one morning my dad came up and said he was doing the Lu do. I love my dad's sense of humor. He is always thinking of funny things to do and say.And he is so cute with the grandkids!

Curly Sue splashing around in the pool.

Mckay and Hilary were the only 2 from our family that ran, we had several relatives that ran it, but Hilary and Mckay are studs. They just amaze me, I've done a couple half's and I couldn't imagine doing a half and then running back the 13 miles to the start line. And they do it like it is nothing.
I love going on little trips with my family, and Jessica and Spencer did a great job planning it. Hopefully someone will be running it next year so we can have a great excuse to come down.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Look at the picture with Samantha and Jessica...it almost looks like Jessica's hair flowing over their shoulders. Cute post! St. George was great ;)

The Lively's said...

Your dad is a crack up! He was such a tease when we were in school together! I was headed that way a couple weeks ago but rolled my car on my way down. I get freaked out every time I hear someone driving that way. Glad you had a fun time!