Monday, October 4, 2010

FLORIDA and BAHAMAS

At the begining of the year I told Ben I wanted to take him on a trip, just the 2 of us. We were trying to decide where to go and who was going to watch our kids. Well, we figured since the main point of the trip was to do absolutely nothing, a cruise would be a good idea. And watching the kids, my sister Rebekah so kindly took care of them. That is the nice thing about my family. I know that I can always count on them. They are always willing and excited to watch my kids. I love it. Sam and Mason were so excited, and I knew that if Rebekah needed any help my mom, Jessica, Rebecca and even my brothers would come and help her. So this trip happened mainly because of Rebekah!! We love her so much! Thanks for taking such good care of my kids, they had so much fun.

Since we were heading to Florida to cruise to the Bahamas, we thought we should spend 1 extra day and go to Islands of Adventure. It was more something that Ben loves, but I had fun going on some of the rides. We went on the Hulk, Spiderman, they Harry Potter rides, and some others. It was fun just hanging out Ben and I!




Bahamas here we come. So we didn't really take a ton of pictures, cause really this trip was just about doing nothing. Sleeping in, having people bring us food and drinks, laying around in the sun, reading books and soaking in lots of sun. The first night I ended up getting a bit sea sick, so I spent most the time in my room throwing up. Not fun, but Ben was so cute, he finished dinner upstairs then came down with me and just laid with me while we watched a movie. I felt much better in the morning, which is good cause we were at Coco Cay and we wanted to get off and hang out on the beach. After Coco Cay we sailed to Nassau. We got out and walked around the straw market for a bit, but it was so dang hot, we headed back to the boat to cool off and hang out. But not before Ben played the drums with some locals. This is something that I love about Ben, he wants to experience everything. He isn't afraid to try anything. It was fun watching him, he is a great drummer. Then we sailed for a whole day back to florida. It was such a great relaxing trip. It had been about 3 years since we had taken a trip just the 2 of us. It was much needed!!!

COCO CAY





NASSAU

FORMAL NIGHT
LAST NIGHT BUFFET


We always came to our room at night to find a cute little animal made out of a towel.


It was fun to be away and not worry about our kids at all. (My sisters take care of my kids exactly like I would) But it is nice to come back and see my kids and get back into the groove of things. It was such a great little break though.

2 comments:

Posh Ideas said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip! I'm dying to go on a trip without my kids!

the Eggett's said...

Glad you were able to get away! I wish I had my own personal Rebecca!