Monday, August 30, 2010

KINDERGARTEN

Today was Samantha's first day of Kindergarten. I can hardly believe my little girl is already old enough to go to school, or that I am old enough to have a child going to school. It is weird, but such an exciting time! She has been excited for school for such a long time. She's been talkin about it, and asking how many days til she starts. We went and met her teacher, Ms Moon, last week. I think she is really going to like her teacher.

2 Sundays ago she asked Ben about giving her a blessing before she started school. She kept telling him "don't forget to give me a blessing!" I never really talked to her about father's school blessings and neither did Ben, so I'm not quite sure where she heard about it, but I love that she asked him. So last night after we got Mason in bed, we sat down in the living room and talked to her about blessings. Then we told her she needed to be really reverent while daddy gave her the blessing. She was so quiet, I couldnb't believe it. It seriously made my little heart go soft to see my little girl asking her dad for a blessing. I loved it. Then after Ben was done, she went over and gave Ben a hug and kiss and she said "I will remember this always!" She is one really special girl. She will do great things in her life!!!!

This morning after we got home from the gym, at 10:30, Sam and Mason wanted me to make them their usual lunch of turkey boats. (turkey sandwich minus the bread, they love them and ask for them all the time) I kept trying to tell Sam that it wasn't quite time to have lunch but we would in just a bit. So when it was finally time, she wanted to go straight to the bus stop after she was done eating. I told her we had to wait until the clock said 12:20. So my cute little girl goes and gets a chair and sits right infront of the clock watching for the clock to turn.

It was finally time to walk down to the bus stop. We walked down and I watched her get on the bus. Mason was a little worried that Sam was going so far away, and right when she pulled away on the bus he said " I miss Sam!" We walked down to pick her up after school and she jumped off the bus and looked so darn happy. She kept asking me "do I get to go to school everyday?!" I love that she is so excited about it. She will be such a great student, and I hope that she will always be excited about learning! I love her so much and am excited about this new chapter in our lives!






1 comments:

Anna-Lisa said...

Yeah for school! Be prepared, Samantha won't always be so excited for school!!!!