Sunday, August 15, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMI SU

My baby is now 5!!! I can hardly believe that it has already been 5 years since I brought this tiny little sweatheart home from the hospital. She has grown up so much, it is crazy. She always asks me questions about when she was a baby, like "when I was a baby did I drink from a bottle like Lu?" "When I was a baby did I wear that outfit?" just random questions like that. She is such a sweetheart (even though she has her moments, but hey what girl doesn't have her moments?!) She has been such my little helper. Ever since Mason was born and especially now that she has a little sister. She loves to help out me and her brother and sister. She is so dang cute with Luella. She is always making cute faces at her and making laugh. She LOVES baby Lu! She and Mason are such good buddies. They play pretend all day long, watch movies (mostly girl movies), and just have tons of fun together. I'm glad they have eachother. Samantha's preschool teacher told me that she is a little peacemaker in her class. It doesn't surprise me, Samantha is always trying her best to make others happy. Always wanting to please her mom, dad, grandparents, teachers, everyone.

She reminds me of myself so much it is scary. Not only does she look just like I did when I was a little girl, she acts justs like me. (yes even the tantrums, sad to say) My mom was right when she told me I would get one just like me. I love it!!! Samantha is constantly doing nice things for others. She always colors pictures to give to her friends, aunts, mom and dad. If she has a treat she wants to take some of it over to one of her friends. She can just sit FOREVER and color, or play on her leapster, or play barbies. She is growing up in so many ways. It has been fun to get over most of the baby stage and start to get a glimpse of the little girl stage that is in store for Sam. I know I've said it before, but I've never seen a little girl love her dad quite like Samantha. She has always had a really special spot in her heart for her dad. When she is sad or gets in trouble she loves to go get pictures of Ben and just look at them. It is really sweet!

This year for Samantha's birthday we celebrated it a night early. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner, and she told me Taco Bell. If that's what she wants then that is exactly what she gets. So we went and got T Bell and came home and ate it. Then we had Honey, Poppy, Lance, Marse and Aunt Jessica come over for some cake and ice cream. Samantha was really excited to open some presents, what kids isn't?! Honey and Poppy gave her a piggy bank and a play tea set. Mom and Dad gave her a Leapster. We thought that would be a good idea and come in handy seeing as how on her very birthday we were heading to Ohio. She was really excited for all her presents, but obviosly really excited about the tea set. She wanted it close by as she slept. How cute is that.

So on her very birthday we got up and Ben drove Aunt Jessica, Aunt Hilary, Me, Samantha and Lu to the airport. Off to Ohio!!! (thanks so much to Ben, Joanne and Anna for helping out with my little Mace so I could take my girls and have some time with family!) Samantha loved every second of it. Even though it took all day long to get there and 2 airplane rides, she was in heaven. And yes the Leapster was an awesome idea. She just played it all day long!

I just wanted to wish my little Sammi Su a Happy Birthday! I love you so much and am so greatful that you chose to come to our little family. I know I am not a perfect mom, but I am constantly trying to learn and improve so I can teach you and raise you to be an amazing girl! You have so many special talents. Some that you already know and some that I can't wait for you to discover as you grow up. Always remember that you are incredibly special! Your mom, dad and family love you and so does your Heavenly Father. You are such an important part of our family, and I am greatful to be your mom! I love you so much! Happy Birthday!

Love,

Mom (Whitney)




0 comments: