Sunday, August 29, 2010

SUMMER WIND DOWN

We have had such a fun summer and I can't believe it is basically over. Lots of fun things have been happening. We spent quite a bit of time at Bear Lake! My kids couldn't get enough of it. We would go up without Ben (he would meet us up there after work) and sometimes we would even stay longer without him. Samantha had lots of little cousins to play with, Mason just hung around with Mom, Dad and Aunt Anna (when she was there, he is quite taken with her!), and Lu just did whatever. We took a few day trips to Lagoon. Sam got used to the rides after a while, but Mason just loved them no matter what. We worked in our yard a ton! We got quite a bit done, but still have quite a bit to do. Maybe by next summer we will be able to enjoy it. Ben is so great though, he works hard all day and then comes home and works hard in the yard. He never complains about any of it, just does it. And my dad has been such a lifesaver. He has spent a lot of time over with us, helping us dig (with his backho), giving us advice and just checking in on us. My kids just love it when Grandpa comes over. I personally think it gives my dad a good excuse to come and play in his BIG TOY!!!

Even though summer was so fun, I'm kinda ready for the cooler weather to come. Not the snow, but the sweatshirt, jeans and cute boots weather.

Here Ben and I are at Rich and Kate's wedding reception

Happy Birthday Heather!!! I love my sister Heather so much. She lives out in Ohio so we don't see eachother much, but I went out to visit her this summer (you probably saw the mile long post about it!). Even though we don't see eachother, we talk on the phone multiple times a week. She is so talented and such a great mother. She just handles it like a pro. I love calling and asking her advice and I love it when she does the same with me. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Tiffy! I don't really know if she likes it when I call her that, but sometimes it just comes out and I think it is cute. Tiffany is one of the cutest and funnest girls I have ever met, and I am so lucky to have her as my sister in law and good friend. I LOVE this girl! We've been blessed to have little babies around the same time, and it has been so much fun to share that with her. She is the kind of person that is always up for anything. We had a blast running a 1/2 marathon earlier this year together! It was so much fun. She and her little family have been through some rough times, but she has handled it amazingly. She is a great mother, and my kids just love her. I love her so much and hope she knows how much she means to me. Happy Birthday Tif, love you!!!

Here are some of the sister in laws at a wedding reception



Good bye Bobby, Sara and Duncan. We are sad to see you go, but I know you are in for a great adventure. Bobby and Sara moved to Pitsburg for school. We had one last adult dinner. It was fun to be able to hang out and chat and not be interupted by little chilins.


At our last 4th sunday dinner at my mom's house Sam, Bridger and Stillman had a blast jumping on the tramp in the rain. Grandma had some extra clothes for them to put on and they just went to town. I remember jumping on the tramp in the rain when I was little. I loved it!


Lu and Rebekah at the family dinner. Doesn't Rebekah just look beautiful!
Yep, that's my sister!!!
Bear Lake buddies

I took the kids to Lagoon for one last summer outing with Emily, Stillman, Bridger, Rebekah, Jessica and Spencer. We spent some time at Lagoona Beach and then hit up the rides. After Lagoona Beach, and a few rides Mason was ready to go home. He gets so funny when he is away from home. As soon as he gets somewhere he wants to go back home. He always says that he misses Molly or just needs to be at his house. Such a home body, just like his mom was and is. Samantha had fun staying longer with her aunts and cousins.


We have spent alot of time in my parents backyard this summer. It is one of my favorite places to hang out. They have this covered patio that is just pleasant all the time, rain or shine. So we go there and sit under the shade and let the kids go crazy playing in the yard. I got this cute picture of Grandpa and Charly and Luella.

We've had some fun game nights in the Rich's backyard. Jim sets up the badmitten, bean bag toss and usually the boys play and the girls sit on the blanket and watch. Every once in a while the girls will get a turn to show the boys how good we are.

We seriously had a full summer and tons of fun. I'm sad to see summer go, but I'm glad for the change of season and what fall brings. It was a great summer!!!

0 comments: