Thursday, November 4, 2010

HALLOWEEN

We started off Halloween weekend with Samantha's costume parade at her school. Mason was so excited to get there early to play on the playground. I was so glad that my mom came early with me so I could hold Lu and my mom could watch Mason up at the playground. Joanne came and we all watched as Samantha walked around with her class showing off her cute witch's costume. We have gotten such good use out of this costume. This is the third year that she has worn it! I think it is the cutest dress ever.










The day before Halloween Samantha decided that she didn't want to be a witch, she wanted to be Fancy Nancy. My cousin happen to have a dress that her little girl wore the year before, so then it was just adding all of the other "fancy" things to the costume. It turned out so cute! So we had a Fancy Nancy, Spiderman, Lady Bug, and Bucket Head (that's what we decided to call Ben's costume that he made himself). Samantha was really into the costume and trick or treating, Mason not as much. Mason wasn't quite sure about getting all dressed up but he loved the "treating" (as he called it). He was really worried about making it around to as many houses as we could to get all of the candy.

(In case any of you are wondering what mom is dressed up as? Mason was wondering too, so he asked me if I was dressing up. I told him I was already in my costume, then I asked him what I was? He looked at me and without missing a beat told me I was a monster. Nice ha?!)




I love Halloween as a mom. I think it is so fun to get my kids all dressed up and see how much they love their costumes, how excited they are to go out trick or treating, how fun they have looking through their candy, and how tired the whole thing makes them. They were so exhausted on the way home, they were all out, except for our Little Lady. She was wide awake and happy. Very typical of this cute little thing.



As much fun as it is for my kids to get loads of candy, we don't need the extra treats around the house. I buy them candy and treats and so they don't need their own personal stashes. Ben and I decided to let them have some the next couple days, then it was time for the "great pumpkin" to come and take the candy and trade it for something else. Mason didn't really care about the great pumpkin and he didn't care that his candy was gone. Samantha on the other hand wondered and wondered what the great pumpkin was going to bring her. So since she was Fancy Nancy I thought it only appropriate to bring a Fancy Nancy book. She kept looking and looking to see if her candy had been traded, apparently the great pumpkin was taking too long. Now I know for next year.

0 comments: