Saturday, November 27, 2010

I'M THANKFUL FOR . . . . . .

Thanksgiving is over, but it's still November so I thought I'd sit and think about a few things that I am thankful for.

Ben!!!! I am so grateful for Ben. I try to tell him as much as I can, but it probably isn't enough. He goes to work day after day long hours and never complains. He comes home late and helps me put the kids to bed. He lets me do pretty much what I want and doesn't ask questions. He has the most even temper of anyone I know, and it is such a great balance for me who tends to lose it every once and a while. His parents did such a great job of raising him, that he knows how to do hard things, finishes projects and just gets things done. He always lets me know how pretty he thinks I am and how much he loves me. He truly loves my family. And last but not least he is such a great provider, father, husband and best friend!

My kids . . . . . . I can't even express how thankful I am for my kids. I love them so much, and I think they are pretty special. I love each of them so much for how unique they are. I love seeing them grow and change and develop their little personalities. I love seeing them play with each other and love each other. I love seeing them put their complete trust in me and Ben, all the time, and never really question it. I love how forgiving they are, never holding a grudge for the mistakes that I as a parent make all the time; instead they just forgive, forget and move on. They are all such great examples of Christ. I love them so much and am thankful for how they have changed my life and are helping me to become a better person in every aspect.

Family . . . . . . I look at my life and know that there is so much that I wouldn't be able to do if it wasn't for family (my family and Ben's family). Ben's parents did such a great job in raising him and I'm thankful to them for that. I love Honey and Poppy and Grandma B and Grandpa B so much. My kids love them and are so excited to see them. They are always teaching them good things and loving them. I am so thankful for brothers, sisters (in laws included). I love my siblings and their spouses and would do just about anything for them. I also love Ben's brothers and sister and their spouses. Some of my closest friendships are with these cute girls that I get to call sisters and sisters in law. I love them and am so grateful for them loving my kids. I get so much help from both families and I am constantly telling Ben how great it is. What is even better is knowing that all of these family members love my kids so much, and my kids love them too. Sam and Mason talk about each of them and remember different times they have spent with them. It is so cute to see. I love family and am thankful Ben and I have 2 amazing families so that live so close to us!

Health . . . . . . I am so thankful for my health. There are alot of people who have sickness or some kind of struggles in their lives, but I am so thankful that I am so healthy. It allows me to be a happy mom, and to get done all of the things that life asks of me. It would be a big struggle to be sick all the time and have to take care of 3 little kids. I am grateful that our little family is healthy and strong.

My Home . . . . I am thankful for our house. Ben and I love it and it is such a comfortable place to be. When we have been out and about and Mason is ready to go, I love hearing him say "I want to go to my house" Our kids love our house and feel like it is theirs. We are lucky to have such a comfortable, warm place to call home.

The Gospel . . . . . I am so thankful for the gospel and everything that comes along with it. Church for 3 hours each Sunday, church callings, visiting teaching, all of it. I am thankful for my testimony that is so simple but based on Faith. Faith that if we do what we know to be right that we will be blessed. If we go to church (even if it is hard to last the whole 3 hours with 3 kids), our kids will learn by our example, will gain testimonies of their own, and will stay close to the gospel. I'm grateful that through the church there are so many opportunities to serve others. It helps me forget myself and lose myself in someone else. I'm grateful for the teachers that my kids have, and the simple great lessons that are taught that my kids come home and are so excited about.

Good Night's Sleep . . . . I'm thankful that after a long day, I can go to sleep in a comfortable bed and have a full night's rest (most nights). I'm thankful that my kids sleep through the night, and that allows Ben and I to get rest so we can be happy parents in the morning.

Jobs . . . . . I'm thankful that Ben has a job, and that I too have a little hobby/job that I can earn some fun money. I'm grateful I got some schooling that I could use even after having kids. When I decided to go to hair school, I wanted to do something that someday I could have a little family and still use my talents. I love doing hair and am thankful that I still get the opportunity to use my talents! That is something that I will always have and will always be able to use with my family.

There is really so much to be thankful for, and I could probably go on and on. Cell phones with long distance so I can call my sister all the time and chat, computers so I can blog and keep a journal, just so much, but these are just a few things that I could thing of right now. One that I really am so thankful for is Christ. I'm thankful for the sacrifice he made especially for me, so that when I make a mistake (whether great or small), I can repent and be forgiven. That eternal families are a real possibilities if we live the way we should. That I can not only be with Ben and my kids, but also ALL OF MY FAMILY AND BEN'S FAMILY. I am grateful for prayers, teaching my kids that they can be heard and answered. I just have so much to be thankful for and I need to make more of an effort to think about it and remember every day, especially those days when I am feeling sorry for myself and my situation or just having a bad day.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

0 comments: