Thursday, May 27, 2010

Well, I was talking to my Dad about when he could get back over to my house to help up out in the backyard (which might be put on hold, I'll go into details later), and he told me that he has so much work to be done at his rental house. He has to get all that done before he can make it to my house. So instead of sitting around waiting for that to happen I decided to take action. Plus the fact that my dad is always so willing to help others and never asks for help with his own projects.



I had talked to him earlier in the day and asked when he was going to be there. I told him to give me a call when he was there and knew how long he was going to be there. Of course he wasn't going to call, so after dinner I got on some grungy clothes and headed over. Ben decided that he wanted to stay home and get the kids in bed and hold down the fort. So I got there around 6:45 and when I pulled up I didn't even see my dad. But then I noticed my cute dad crouched down on his hands and knees pulling weeds. So I headed over and started pulling weeds with him. We crouched on our hands and knees until almost 10 pm pulling weeds. We got a ton done, and bless my dad's heart he was there the next night so Ben took a turn and went on over and helped out for a few hours. I know my dad really appreciated it, especially since he is always out there by himself working til late hours.



So about our backyard . . . . it is in such disaray. We are waiting for my dad to have time to come over and level it all out. But now I'm second guessing the whole thing. Ben called me right before he got off yesterday and let me know that his car was in the shop. So of course, something had to go wrong and we had to use our money that was saved up for the backyard to pay for the car. Something was wrong with the airconditioning belt, or something like that. So now I'm wondering how the whole backyard renovation is really going to pan out. It will be interesting to say the least.
Ben had the day off today so of course I got to do some things that I needed/wanted to do and Ben got to do some things that he needed/wanted to do. We started off the morning with sleeping in to our usual 7 am. Mason is a little alarm clock and wakes us up every single morning. Then Ben was great and let me hit up one of my favortie classes at the gym, pilates. I love it because it is (if you are doing it right), a 45 minute constant ab workout. It is just so relaxing and nice to be able to just sit there have a "Whitney" moment.
So then when I got home you would have thought it was lunch time. Ben was in the kitchen with the kids at the table. They had had baths and were all dressed and Ben was making lunch. It was 10 am. I thought it was so cute! I asked him if he looked at the clock before he started cooking lunch, but he only realized after he started making it. So the kids and Ben had lunch at 10 am, cute right. Then my friend Brittney came over and we headed out on a much needed wall/talk while Ben went out for a couple hours to just do whatever. Brit the kids and I walked up to a park and the kids played for a bit and then we headed home to have second lunch. So then Ben hung out at home with the kids while I took another turn out with Luella to go shop for a minute. I met Joanne, Marse and Sara and we looked for some clothes. I found some fun things, even though I didn't need anything it is fun to get new clothes.
When I got home, Ben said we should head to a park and fly some kites. So I made some pb and j sandwiches and packed up some snacks, the kites and a soccer ball and we went off to a park. I think that was the first time we've ever been out on a picnic like that just our own little family. It was such a blast. The kids have fun flying their kites, and kicking the ball around and running all over the whole park. It was so cute to watch them play with Ben, they just adore him. Mason was running around so much that of course he got over heated and had to take his shirt off. It is one of his usual things lately to have no shirt on, even at home. Luella and I sat on the blanket together just watching the others play. Luella just started sitting up this week and she looks so cute. Just sits there and plays with whatever she can grab in her reach. So after we tuckered the kids out and got the kids in their jammies, I came into my room to find all of them spread out on the bed with the fan going full blast. They all looked so tired. I handed Lu of and went to a pants party with Brittney. I didnt' find any pants, which is a good thing since I already spent enough money in the last week on clothes. I got home and Ben gave me a hug and a kiss and headed off to drive his race cars at the indoor track. The kids were already in bed, so I grabbed the bag of dorittos (good thing there was only 1/4 bag left) and popped 6 cookies in the oven. I've sat here on the couch watching some tv, eating the rest of the dorittos and 4 of the 6 cookies. I promised Ben I'd save him a couple. Now that I am up to date on my journal, I've eaten myself silly with snacks I am ready for Ben to come home so we can go to bed. I'm definately feeling like I need to hit up the gym way hard tomorrow morning, but oh those cookies were so tasty.
Today has just been so perfect. Even though Ben and I haven't spent as much time together as we like to on his days off. We were both able to go and do and get things done that we wanted to. And what is even better is the kids had a full day of activites and fun. It was just perfect!



0 comments: