Friday, May 7, 2010

IT'S OFFICIAL

Well, after thinking and thinking about what to do I finally called the 1-800 number and got the cuisinart mixer. There wasn't really a choice since I had a gift card to Dillards and they sell either the Kitchenaid or the Cuicinart. Even though I've heard Bosch is amazing, Dillards doesn't sell it.

It's pretty and the main seller for me is that it is 7 qts!!!! I was making a batch of cookies today for a graduation party (yay for Matt!) and I was mixing this enormous recipe with my hand mixer. Pretty sure I burned out the motor. Besides having to mix FOREVER, the cookie dough was a bit dry cause I had to mix it so long and my wrist was sore. So I remembered how nice it was to just put the ingredients in and let it mix itslef. This even has a little timer that shuts off automatically, nice right?! So now that main problem will be to not make tons and tons of yummy treats. But the main test will be for me to have some SELF CONTROL. It is kinda hard to have self control while making chocolate chip cookies, these are one of my major weak spots. But the good thing is when I make a batch I roll them into the ball shape and put them in the freezer ready to bake. Then when I need a cookie I don't have to make a whole batch. I just throw a couple cookies in and call it good. Wish me luck on my new large purchase that it works just how it should. Mainly that it mixes the cookie dough and it holds everything. After all this recipe calls for a whopping 6 cups of flour. But they are the tastiest cookies!

1 comments:

Posh Ideas said...

Well whit I'm gonna need this cookie recipe! I don't have a kitchenaid but I have a bosch and love it. They are so pricey mine is actually my Grandma's she gave me otherwise I would never fork over the dough for one. I also have the cuisinart 14 food processer and I make smaller batch cookies in that and love it. Better post the recipe soon!