Friday, September 11, 2009

My Little Kids

I just love the difference that you have between two kids. Samantha is way sassy and such a girl and Mason is super sensitive and totally a boy ( from throwing anything and everything to loving wearing a baseball cap whereas Sam could care less about hats) and he is way into the asking why after everything you say. You got to love that stage!
I love what a sensitive little boy Mason is. He does get his feelings hurt very easily just by getting embarrassed or getting in trouble for things; but he also does such cute things like sticking up for people or trying to defend them when he thinks they are hurt or being picked on.
For example, tonight we were over at my parents and my two nephews Stillman and Bridger were there. Ben was having fun tickling Mason when Stillman wanted a turn. Ben was tickling Stillman and Mason was on the couch by me when Mason noticed Stillman with his shirt over his head, Ben crouched over him and Stillman laughing. Mason thought Stillman was getting hurt, so what does Mason do . . . . . he first starts to get huffy and puffy and a little bit teary eyed, jumps off the couch, jumps over Stillman laying on the ground and lunges at Ben. Can you believe that little boy was trying to hurt or get mad at his dad who he loves and tell "you awesome dad!"
Well, it was so sad and so cute at the same time. I had to hurry and tell Ben that Mason thought he was hurting Stillman (so he wouldn't get mad at Mason for lunging at him with his fingernails ready). Mason already in tears, Ben hurry and gave him a hug and showed him that Stillman was ok. I just couldn't believe how sensitive he was to something like that.
Tiffany told me of another time recently that Corbin and Sam were fighting and Mason came over to Corbin and smacked him or hit him to protect Sam. And also where Poppy was getting mad at or just talking to Sam where Mason thought she was in trouble and Mason came over and got mad at Poppy. I know that Mason shouldn't hit, but I can't help but think how cute it is that he is trying to protect people. And not just people but his own sister when he sees that she needs him.
He actually does this sort of thing at home. When I get mad at Sam for anything, he will come up to me and get mad at me for getting mad at Sam. I just love his sweet little sensitive personality and spirit. He doesn't like to see people fight, and he especially doesn't like it when mommy yells. In fact he gets so startled that he himself starts crying. I just teaches me a great little lesson that if it upsets my little Mace, then don't do it.
I love my little kids so much and need to keep reminding myself to enjoy every little second where they are so cute and innocent and are so close to the spirit. I need to be better about letting the little things go, and just enjoy them. Already Sam is 4 and Mason is 2 1/2. And in 2 months I will have another little one. Where does the time go? I have no idea, but I love the little precious moments that I spend with my kids. I'm so happy I can stay at home with them and share all of those fun and not so fun moments with them!!!!!

0 comments: