Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oh Sammi Sue

Well, Samantha has been telling me some pretty funny things lately. It just makes me smile, so I thought I have to write them down before I forget about them.



Dance Rules . . . . Samantha started dance lessons a few weeks ago. She is in a mini jazz line (so they do jazz and ballet). I have to admit that when I signed her up, I felt a little bit over my head, but she is so excited about it that how can I complain. It is every monday from 4:30 - 7 pm. Kinda long, right? Well, I learned last week to pack her a little snack in her bag, cause she asked if she could have some monies to buy something from the cafe at dance during their break. So instead we packed her a granola bar and a fruit snack. Everyday she asks if it is dance after school. She loves it, but apparently there are some rules that go along with it. So every monday I get her in her purple leotard, pink tights, put her ballet and jazz shoes in her bag and pull her hair back in either a pony tail or a messy bun. Last week she also had a braid intertwined with her pony tail/bun. Yesterday she came up to me and told me that her teacher Sara said that for dance from now on, you can't wear underwear with her tights and leotard and her hair has to be in a bun. Not in a messy bun, but a slicked back bun. And if this is all done, then they give out ballet bucks. So Sam kept telling me, no underwear and hair in a bun. I just didn't think it was a big deal to have her wear her undies. They hang out a little bit, but she is just a little girl. And the bun thing, well I'm going to have to work on mastering buns. So there you have it, there are definately rules with dance.



BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO . . . . . . . Samantha came home from school today and looked at me seriously and told me that she broke up with someone today at school. I wasn't quite sure what to say to that so I asked her what that means "breaking up?" She told me that she and Braden broke up. It means that she isn't going to play with him anymore. Then she started to tell me that sometimes girls play with girls, boys play with boys and sometimes girls and boys play together. I asked her if Braden was sad when she broke up with him? She said no, and that maybe they would play tomorrow or the next day. I tried really hard to keep a straight face, cause it was so cute listening to her talk about "breaking up" with someone.

It is so cute and funny to watch her and see how grown up she is becoming. It is super fun!!!

0 comments: