Thursday, September 9, 2010

POTTY TRAINING GONE BAD

Potty training is not this easy. Sitting there and reading a book?! Whose kids will do that? Definately not mine. Mason is 3 1/2, and I've had the thought of potty training him for a while. Truth betold I really wanted to do it before Luella was born. Only buying diapers for 1 kid, wouldn't that be nice. But anyways, we talked about it and he just kept telling me he didn't know how. And he still says that to me when we ask him to pee on the toilet. So I kinda gave up for a bit. Well, this morning after he got up, I asked him if I could change his diaper. He told me it wasn't wet and he didn't want it changed. So we went and I got him breakfast. Well, he was sitting on the other side of the counter and he just looked like he was in deep thought. Deep thought? Yea right, about what?! Then he tells me he peed. Yep, he had peed through his diaper. Not only through his diaper, but on the stool and left a puddle on the ground. Are you kidding me? So I took him in the tub and rinsed him off (with cold water mind you), and put big boy unders on him. I told him I'm not changing any more diapers. So he wore them and I kept asking him if he wanted to sit on the potty. He tried once, but again said he didn't know how. Then I hear his door close, which usually means he is doing some business, if you know what I mean. So I yelled and asked him what he was doing. He told me he was wet. So I had him take me to where he peed and again there was a large puddle on my ground. Lucky it wasn't on the carpet, easily cleaned up. But no more big boy unders. I put that diaper back on him and I am not going to try again for a while. When he is tired of sitting in pee and poop, I'm sure he will let me know. But really, not fun to clean up puddles around my kitchen floor. So we were not sucessful in potty training, and will not be for a while, I'm sure.

2 comments:

the Eggett's said...

oh man, that is so hard! I hear that boys are much harder when it comes to the potty, so I'm in for it. my mom has told us many horror stories about how when she potty trained my brothers, they finally got to the point where they would pee in the garbage, but not the toilet. gross.

Unknown said...

Oh Whit, this post couldn't have come at a better time. I started potty training Bodie yesterday and I am just about ready to throw in the towel (well, I would if I had anymore they are all soaked in pee!). I feel sorry my mom had to do this 6 times!! UGGGH!!