Friday, September 10, 2010

BOYS AND BUGS


Today Sam was out playing with a friend, and when it is just Mason and I he just follows me around. So I went out to get the mail and as I was coming in I saw a grasshopper on the step. I had Mason come over and look at it and he was very interested. He's a boy, enough said. So he crouched down, and I told him to pick it up. He was hesitant and then he told me to pick it up. I said no and then he said something like this.


Mason "Mom, you pick it up."

Mom "No I don't want to."

Mason "Mom, you pick it up and I'll give you a treat."

Mom " I don't want to pick it up Mason."

Mason " You pick it up and I'll give you a treat" then he pointed at me and said "it's your choice"


I still told him I didn't want to and he told me over and over that if I picked it up he would give me a treat and that it was my choice.


Maybe do you think I say that too many times?! I think so. I am constantly giving these little kids choices and letting them decide. But I didn't really think that they would use it back on me, and over something like a grasshopper. Mason Mason Mason, he just says the cutest things and that is what makes me so in love with this little boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Whit,
I'll update my blog today if you update yours? Can't get enough of your stories, your kids, your pictures...all of it! ;)
-Rebekah

The Ferguson Five said...

Hi Whitney!

It's been a long time since I've checked out people's blogs! So fun to see what you've been up to...especially your trip to Heather's! We miss you guys! Plan a trip to AZ sometime soon & we'll play! Tell your cute family hi!

Love You!

P.S. Have you farkled lately?
Your cousin, Erin :-)