Sunday, January 1, 2012

NEW YEARS EVE

We spent New Years Eve over at my mom and dad's house with some of my siblings. It seems like it has become a tradition to have Chinese food (made by all of us) and play games. Spencer and Jessica always make some sort of yummy orange chicken or such. I made egg rolls and cream cheese ragoons. Dinner was really tasty. Then after dinner we turned on "Bugs Life" for the kids. It is mainly just Luella that LOVES that movie, but the other kids will watch it with her, and grandma sat and watched it with them too. Spencer and Jess brought a game called "Word on the Street", it was super fun. We split into teams and went at it. The kids were so good watching their movie or coming up and watching us play that we stayed for a long while. Then it was off home to put the kiddos in bed, no staying up to midnight for them. They don't even know the difference. 

Chance wasn't feeling to great, so he just snuggled with grandma for a bit.





Samantha decided that she wanted to have a photo shoot, so this is just the first of many.


 Then Uncle McKay had us add in a back drop.

Then McKay wanted in on the action of modeling.

And Mason too.







It was such a fun night at Grandma and Grandpa's house, like normal.

2011 was a bitter sweet year for me. There were a lot of changes, a lot of things to adapt to, and things to figure out with my kids (new stages of life and all of that). Some of the main things that stand out are:
Chance was born May 5th, that was a huge highlight!!!
We finished our backyard just days before Chance was born. Now the kids have a place to play!!!
My sister and her kids came to Utah and stayed for 6 weeks, it was great!!!!!
Ben got out of banking and into insurance (major change and a lot to get used to)
Samantha started 1st grade and is learning Chinese
Mason started preschool and the more he goes I think the more he likes it.
Ben and I went to Mexico with the Rich's JUST ADULTS!!!
Ben and I celebrated 8 years of marriage!

And there are many more blessings and miracles that happened throughout the year, just too many to name. I am grateful for this past year. It forced me to grow even more and learn some new things about myself. I am grateful for the good times that we had throughout the year and also thankful for the challenges. I have learned to rely on my family and my savior to help me through the things that I have no control over.
2011 was a great year, but here's to an even better 2012!!!!!

0 comments: