Sunday, May 15, 2011

OUR HOSPITAL STAY

It was such a nice thing to have Ben there with me hanging out basically the whole time I was in the hospital. Last time, I was there by myself most of the time ( at least it felt that way), cause they had the rule of no kids, and only 2 visitors at a time. So Ben was with me some of the time, but then he would go and get the kids and be with them.

I am so lucky, my sister Rebekah took care of Samantha and Luella for the first 2 days, then my mom took the kids while Ben came and picked me up. Jessica and Spencer had Mason for the whole 3 days, he slept over and all. Mason made a treasure chest with Spencer and they ended up going on a treasure hunt, with a map and all. It was so cute. I am just so grateful my kids were taken care of so that Ben could come and be with me from morning til night. He really would come in the morning after breakfast and then he stayed to tuck me into bed. I just love him! By Friday night I was actually ready to go home. I'm not quite sure if I was just ready to be in my own house with my family or probably that the the hospital bed was so uncomfortable that my rear end and tale bone were totally numb. Either way, I asked Ben but what he thought, but Chance had to get some shots and blood work done in the morning, so Ben came first thing and then we were out of there even before lunch.

It was so fun to have visitors. I loved that my kids were able to come and see their new baby brother. Each of them were so cute with him and were so excited to see him and hold him. Samantha was such a big girl, holding him and asking if she could walk around with him. (not quite yet sweetheart). Mason came in and first thing called him a cutie!!!!! He kept asking me to wake him up and feed him. He was really adorable with him. And Luella was so concerned for him. Samantha was holding him and Luella wanted/tried to take him from her to hold him. She knew right away to use her soft hands, and it was just so cute to see her with him.

Thanks to all those who came and visited Chance and me, it was great to have people come and fill up our days. Somehow I didn't get a picture of Chance and his Honey, but we will have to get one and post it. My kids love their honey and I'm sure Chance will too in due time!!! A huge thanks to my mom, Rebekah, Jessica and Spencer for taking care of my kids. That was 1 of my biggest worries . . . . who could or would want to take care of my kids so that I could have Ben there with me, but my sisters and my mom never fail me. It's like they know what I need/want before I know for myself. They offered way in advance and I am so thankful for them. Ben was awesome!!! He was so patient with me and loving, and I am so grateful to have him. He is such an amazing husband and father! Thanks for giving me these beautiful kids. I am so thankful to have them here!!!!!
Look at my cute little family!!!!!
Here we are all together.



























Isn't he just the most beautiful and precious little baby! I just can't get enough of that little face!

5 comments:

Posh Ideas said...

Congrats Whit he's so adorable. I love the whole family shot 4 kiddos in less than 6 years your a superhero. Can't wait to meet him!

Melanie B said...

Oh Whit he is sooo precious!!! Congrats to you and Ben. What a beautiful family you have. (he looks good in that car-seat too!)

The Lively's said...

Congrats! He's absolutely adorable!!!!!

Sara Lou said...

Such a handsome little boy! The picture of the whole family is so cute! I can't believe you guys are done!

margaret said...

Congratulations! It was so fun to see hime in person last night -- he is a cutie!