Sunday, May 15, 2011

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!

Thursday May 5th 2011 . . . . . . I have been so excited for this day to come, at least excited for the last few months. I got up around 6 am to get ready for this baby to come. I had to be really quiet since my kids were still asleep. My sister came over around 6:30 and then it was just a waiting game til the hospital called and had me come in. I called them around 9 and they said that they wanted me in by 9:45, so Ben and I kissed the kids goodbye and headed to the hospital to welcome Chance to our family.

We got to the hospital and got checked in and by 11 am they had me in my gown, hooked up to IV's and had my contractions going. It was so great, Ben and I got to just hang out, watch a little bit of TLC (Say yes to the dress) and House episodes. Around 1:30 the Dr came in and broke my water and I knew it was just a matter of time before it was time. And sure enough, around 2:30 I told the nurse that I felt like it was time to push, so by 3:08 we had our little Chance Ballstaedt Rich with us. It was such a breeze, I pushed for 10 minutes and then he was here. Labor is such an enjoyable part of the whole process for me, especially this one. Our little Chance weighed in at 6 lb 12 oz and 19 inches long. He has the longest and skinniest limbs, long fingers and such long feet and toes. I thought for sure he would have more dark hair and a darker complexion like Luella did, but he has dark hair and just perfect soft skin. I got to hold him right after I had him, and nurse him, and it was so peaceful. It was so great, I had a great nurse (a friend in my ward who also was there for Luella's birth), and my doctor just makes everything so great and relaxed. He is retiring, so I was lucky enough to have him deliver Chance. He's been my doctor for all my kids. I had just told myself that this time, I wanted to enjoy every single second of it. I wanted to really soak in my newborn (like I did with my first when I had nothing else to worry about). I feel so blessed to have another beautiful and healthy baby in our family.

Here Ben and I are right before heading out the door to the hospital.
This might be one of the only full body pictures that I have taken of myself.

Right when I got there and hopped into bed.
This is right after I had Chance, it was such a great feeling to finally get him out.
Look at that little thing, and this is my friend Laura, she is an awesome nurse.
I had told Laura that I had only 1 request. It sounds really weird, but right
when they come out of course I want to see the baby, but I want the
nurses to clean him off a bit and wrap him up before they give him to me.
Weird I know, but then I am ready to hold and love my baby.

I love that he is just so snuggled up against my skin.
So sweet and straight form heaven!

Here is the whole crew. Ben, me Chance the Dr Irion and Laura.
5/5/11
Chance Ballstaedt Rich
6 lb 12 oz 19 inches
We love you and are so excited you have arrived!!!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

congrats whit! he's adorable! hope you're feeling well, i'd love to come see him sometime soon!

rach said...

Oh so cute!! Congrats Whit!!

JENNILLE said...

so great!!! love that's he's here!!! great post. congrats!