Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SWEET MASON

Tonight as I was tucking the kids into bed, Mason said something so sweet. I had brushed all their teeth, and one by one was taking them into their rooms, getting them into their beds and saying a little prayer with each of them individually. So I got Lu in bed, said her prayer and Mason was next. I usually say about the same thing in each of their prayers, you know the usual . . . . Bless them to sleep well, help them to be nice to their siblings, help them to listen and obey, bless them to keep the commandments and want to choose the right, bless them to want to be baptized, server a mission (I said this for Mason but not my girls), and help them to get married in the temple . . . And I personalize each one to what they may need, or what I may want/need for them at that time.
So after I ended the prayer I was down on the ground changing Chance into his jams, and Mason says to me
"so when I marry someone will I still live with you mom?"
I told him no, he would live with his wife, and immediately he piped in and sounded about like he was going to cry,
"I don't want to live with my mife, I want to live with you!"
So i told him that he could still live with me after he gets married. Then he goes on to tell me that he wants to marry me and not anyone else, and still live with me.
I tell him I love him, and that I will ask daddy what he thinks. Then I get up and on my way out give him a kiss goodnight!
It was such a sweet conversation! Even though I know his mind will change about wanting to live with me, it's good to know that he loves me and thinks about that cute stuff!!!

Those are the moments that I love and are some of the payoff of being a mom!

0 comments: