Saturday, March 17, 2012

LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIPS

I don't really have very many love hate relationships. Mostly just with chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, sometimes the gym and my new one is pinterest.
When I heard about pinterest I was so excited! I immediately starting pinning everything. There were so many fun ideas for crafts, inspirational quotes, tips on everything and the best thing . . . . . Recipes and there is the problem. So here's the thing, when I pin something I actually have plans to make it or try it out, and I do. I've made some fun crafts, tried some great workout stuff, and made tons and tons of recipes. Some I have liked better than others, but the point is I've tried them.
So here is why I have this love hate relationship with pinterest. It's one thing if I pin it and never try or make it. But honestly I use some of the recipes off of pinterest multiple times a week, not just once or twice. So do I really need to make cookies or a treat every other day? No, but there are just so many great recipes to be tried. Like for St Patty's day, there were these yummy chocolate cookies with mint frosting and then topped with a layer of chocolate. So yummy, and if I had just had 1 or 2 it wouldn't be so bad, but what about if I have upwards of . . . . . I was just trying to think of how many I had and couldn't count. It's bad, bad enough that I'm noticing it in my waistline. And as much as I love cookies and treats and making them, apparently I need to gain some extra self control.
So my point, Pinterest . . . . I love you, but I also really hate you! And after those chocolate mint cookies we can't be friends, until the next great recipe that I try!!