Tuesday, November 3, 2009

She's Here!!!!!

Well, it 1:20 AM and I can not sleep a wink. My legs finally have their feeling back and so I took 4 laps around the floor and thought I would update about our fun day with our new little girl.
It was such a great day. We got to the hospital around 9 and by the time they started me on the labor drugs it was about 9:30. I wasn't in too much pain but my cute nurse Laura (who lives in my neighborhood and is in my ward!), said I might as well just get the epidural, and good thing I did. The anethesiologist was busy and so I was starting to feel some pretty good contractions, and then when I got it, I was a happy camper til the end. They checked me around 12:30 and said I was a 4 and then my labor pains started to get really bad in my back and lower back. Ben kept telling me to push the button for more drugs and I just kept telling him it would be fine. But around 1:15 I got a pretty good last dose and they checked me and sure enough, it was push time. So I pushed for 2 more contractions and Dr Irion took the baby and told us that is was a girl. It was amazing how quickly the pain was gone. Just right as soon as she came out, no more pain, wow I love it. She got all cleaned up or actually just wiped up and they weighed her and measured her (6lb 8oz 19 inches) and brought her right to me. I got to hold her and just love her forever. She nursed, and rode in my arms to our new bedroom and she just got to stay with us for such a long time. Ben gave her a bath right there in the room. That was fun since I didn't get to be in the room when Ben bathed Sam or Mason. Oh I forgot but when Ben told Mason he had a new baby sister over the phone, he asked Ben why? That is his favorite thing to say, why to everything and anything. But anyways, so we bathed her and just hung out. My Mom, Joanne, Bobby, Sara, Poppy and Tif stopped by. It was fun to see them. She has been so good, just lays there asleep or just looking around. I'm sure that will change, but she is just such a peaceful little girl. It will be a great addition to our little family. We need a little peace sometimes with our dramatic Samantha and not to mention the crazy Mom sometime or moretimes than not.
But I just think it is so amazing how you can love something so much that quickly. And that you have that much love to give to now 3 little people. It's amazing and great. I am just so grateful for these 3 little people that Heavenly Father has entrusted Ben and I to care for and teach. Being a mother is such a great joy, and I hope I can live up to the great standard that Heavenly Father has for me. But I just love my new little Luella Rich!!!!!

4 comments:

Melanie Bingham said...

Congrats! I love the name Luella!

Bergeson Family said...

We are glad she is here...wahoo!

The Ferguson Five said...

Congratulations Whitney & Ben! Baby Luella is so cute and sounds like a sweet little baby! So happy for your family!

Jacy Leany said...

Woo hoo!! I love her already!! thanks for letting me come and visit :)

Let me know when you need dinner!! We'd be glad to come down :)

Jacy