Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Luella's 2 week check

I took Luella to the Dr's and glad to say that she has grown since she was born!!! When she was born she weighed 6 lb 8 oz and was 19 inches long. (I took her last week to check and make sure she really wasn't jaundice, and she was down to 6 lb 4 oz, which is good cause when we left the hospital she was 6 lb even) So her stats for her 2 week appointment were 6 lb 9 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. She is eating so good and slepping a ton. She is even sleeping really well at night. Such a blessing so that I can be a nice mommy to Samantha and Mason (and a good wife to Ben). So far Luella is such a mellow baby. If she isn't eating, then she is sleeping, and vice versa. Samantha and Mason can't get ebough of her. Always wanting to hold her and kiss her. Mason sees her and immidiately says "hi baby girl" It is so dang cute. And he is always wanting to hold her and snuggle right up next to her. He even tries giving her butterfly kisses. Sam loves her but surprisingly isn't as into her as Mason. I thought it would be the other way around. Ben is so cute with her. (he is definately a girl dad, he just adores his girls!) Everytime Ben comes home from work he says "hello beautiful", and he isn't talking to me. One morning I thought Ben had left and I called out his name and he came out of the nursery. He had just been holding sleeping Luella for a bit before heading off to work. Now that is so sweet, definately a sucker for girls!!! And as for me, I had no idea that I could have so much love to give. I love Samantha and Mason so much ( in fact when I say good night to Mason I always say " I love you" then he repeats it to me. Then I say "I love you alot!" and he reapeats, then I say "I love you more!!" then he repeats, then I say "I love you forever!!!!!" and he repeats it. And the second I had Luella, my heart grew bigger and I found more love to give to another precious baby. I love the quiet moments that Luella and I have together. They are few in number, but when the kids go to bed and I am just sitting with her and holding her, it is so nice. She has been such a blessing to our little family. I am so greatful for the sweet little spirit that she is. She must have known her brother and sisters personalities, and that is why she is so good. I needed a calm little body to go along with my crazy, energetic toddlers. Luella is such a good baby, I couldn't have asked for better!!!

0 comments: