Friday, August 7, 2009

Lost Blanket

So I am sitting here just wondering where in the heck this blanket could be. But the sad thing is, that I think I am the only one looking or worrying about it.
Yesterday Samantha woke up with her blanket and last night went to bed without it. Somewhere inbetween . . . . I don't know. It could be outside (in which it may have blown away because it was seriously the windiest day ever yesterday), or it could be hidden somewhere that we will find in the house at a later time.
I think I am more devastated than Sam or even Ben. It's just that there are so many memories with that little blanket. So many times when she was hurt or sad or sick that that is one of the things that she wanted because she knew it would make her feel better . . . instantly. Yesterday Ben said that he thinks that our kids love their blankies so much because they know that it is the one thing that is theirs, only thiers.
This is not the first time we have lost it. When we lived in Lehi we went out on a walk and when we got home it wasn't there. Well, I asked Ben if we should say a little prayer? He said no, but I did anyways and we went back out to retrace our steps and found it along out path. Then when we lived at my mother in laws we couldn't find it for days, so I decided to order a new one to replace it. The new blanket got here and before we even opened it, the snow melted and underneath was a frozen wet blanket. (and I returned the extra, so no I can't just give her the extra)
See what I mean, how it has been through alot. So this morning when Mason asked to have his be be and anket (binki and blanket) I told him NO. I don't want to have another one go missing.
So I have checked online and maybe found a place to order another purple blanket for Samantha, or maybe just for my sake because I would be so sad to not have it to give to her when she is older. So maybe it will come in the mail and then we will find the old one. Or my little prayer will be answered that we find it somewhere in this house.
And then it will be a new rule to leave them in their rooms and only to have them during naps and bedtime, so for my sake I don't have to go through this anymore.
Wish me luck on my search for the dang blanket that is the bane of mine and bens days!!!

0 comments: