Wednesday, August 12, 2009

lost and FOUND!!!!!!!

Above is where I found her blanket.
Below is how happy she was when she found it.

But here she is so, so happy with her new blanket. Sleeping so peacefully.
Well, you can guess that this is going to be quite the story because . . . . . we found the blanket! I'l try to make it brief but the details are the best part. So, since the blanket was lost I was really sad about it. Samantha was starting to ask for it, and that make me even more sad. I had a little cry over it, or maybe two (it is her baby blanket). I said a few little prayers and was really trying to find it. I think Ben thought I was a bit crazy. But, he wasn't even looking and not praying that we would find it. He thought this would be a good time for Samantha to "grow up".
Sunday we were driving home and I just mentioned to Ben that maybe if he had a little faith and prayed for the blanket, just maybe we would find it! So that night, he did pray for it (I don't know if it was just to please me, but he did it). I had also talked to a cousin of mine whom I had traded blankets with around Christmas time. (I had the purple one and she had a pink and we swapped) I called her to find out where she ordered hers so that I could possibly order another purple one for Sam. She asked why I needed the new one, and I told her that we had lost it. Heather was such a lifesaver and said that Sam could just have the purple one that she had. She said her daughter had no attachment to it. Oh my heck, it was so sweet and such a relief.
Especially since that night Samantha was asking for it before she went to bed and the next day she and Mason got in a fight and after Mason won (Mason scratched her under the eye and on the cheek), she was so sad and just wanted her blankie. Well, to save the day Heather and her daughter Ali came gave her the new balnkie. Happy Birthday to Samantha from Ali.
Well, Samantha was thrilled (it was alot softer and prettier than hers was). She loved it.
I was just cleaning and putting things away. Well, as I was sorting through drawers in the laundry room I opened one and there lay Samantha's well loved purple blankie. I just couldn't even believe it. I said a little prayer and thanked Heavenly Father for answering our prayers. I then brought Samantha down and opened the drawer to show her and she grabbed it and gave it a big hug! She was happy to see it.
I called Ben and told him we had found it and joked that if he had had faith a bit sooner then we would have found it a bit sooner. But we did find it!!!
Well, after all that was said and done . . . . . Samantha didn't really want her "old" blankie. It was worn, and discolored, and stretched out. She handed it back to me and only wanted the new one that Ali had given her. So, I tucked the "old" one away, and gave her the "new" fresh one, and when I went in to shut her door after she had gone to bed, she looked so happy with her "new" blankie, but her blankie just the same right under her head as she slept.
Seriously, a huge thanks the Heather and Ali for saving the day and giving her the new blanket. And I am so grateful that we can pray for small and stupid (or what might seem stupid to some people) things and our Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayer!!!!!
Oh and by the way, Samantha now knows that there is a specific drawer in her closet that the blanket goes in when she is not holding it. Hopefully that will clear up alot more confusion.







0 comments: