Monday, October 19, 2009

Sleep Over with Aunt Jessica and Uncle Spencer







My sister is so sweet, basically my saving grace! She had my kids sleep over for 2 nights. I dropped them off Tuesday afternoon, then she dropped them back off Wednesday morning and then after preschool she came over and we all went back to her house to play.

They went swimming, watched fun movies, and just played. They LOVE being with Aunt Jessica and Uncle Spencer. They kept telling me about this bucket at the pool that dumped water on them while they were swimming. So Wednesday I went with them to the pool and oh boy, I can see why they were a little nervous about the bucket. I was picturing a small little bucket and it is no small bucket.

They bucket is huge, and it fills up with water and then when it is full, the bell rings and it tips over and dumps out. It was the cutest thing to watch Samantha and Mason; every time the bell rang, they would both stop and turn and slowly back away (even if we were on the other side of the pool).

There was a fun little lazy river to go around, some fun little kid slides, and tons of fountains and stuff to play with. Samantha and Jessica found a fun little hiding place under the bucket that if they stayed there, when the bucket dumped out they wouldn't get wet. It was just so fun to see them play and love the pool.

Then when we were leaving, Samantha saw some girls with towels twisted on their heads, so of course she wanted her towel twisted on her head.

Then we got home and Spencer had made us dinner, and we got the kids in their jammies and put them to bed. Once they were asleep Ben, Micah, Hilary came over and we all watched The Proposal (it is such a funny movie). Then Ben and I headed home to our own comfy bed, and Jessica dropped the kids off in the morning. Even though my kids are a total handful, Jessica and Spencer are always taking them for me and helping me out. They are the best.

0 comments: