Thursday, October 29, 2009

October Happenings

Well, alot has been going on in October and now that it is Nov and I am about to have this new baby, I thought I should quickly get all of this on here. It is long, but there was so much happening . . .

FRIDAY NIGHT VISIT WITH HONEY AND POPPY:
Honey and Poppy popped over for a visit one Friday night. It was such a fun treat. Sam and Mason love seeing them. We made some popcorn, hot chocolate and read stories. Thanks for the fun visit!

SLEEPING IN MOM AND DAD'S BED:
Sam and Mason have started a little bit of a bad habit. If they wake up in the early morning, they will come in and get in bed with us. Well, luckily it hasn't been happening as much, but one morning Ben and I both got out of the bed and we found our entire bed taken by these 2 bodies. I don't even know where Ben and I were sleeping now that I look at the picture. And there won't be much room once the new baby comes, so they better just stay in their own beds.
I even had to bribe Samantha. I told her that if she would stay in her bed the whole night until morning, then I would give her a treat. One morning she came into our room once she heard noises and imediately asked where her treat was.


GARDNER VILLAGE:
We went to Gardner Village with some of the cousins. It was way cold, but alot of fun. Luckily I brought the kids jackets but I forgot mine at home. They just love getting together with their little cousins.





SLUMBERING KIDS . . . IS THERE ANYTHING GREATER?!
Ben and I had gone out and gotten a sitter. We always stay out long enough so that the kids are asleep by the time we get home. It is just such a nice break to not have to put them to bed once in a while, and our sitter always gets it done. She is so great. But, we came home and I went to check on them and I couldn't help but take a picture. They both looked so cute and peaceful.
They are both afraid of the dark as of recent, so they sleep with night lights and their doors open.I just love them both to pieces!!!!!




HALLOWEEN PARTY @ JESSICA'S AND SPENCER'S:
So I decided that my sister is a ton more fun than me, and that's why my kids are always asking for her. Mason is constantly asking to call and talk to Jessica, or go swimming with her or just go over to her house. But she and Spencer hosted a Halloween party at their house. Samantha and Mason were so excited about it. Sam dressed up as a witch and Mason was a pirate. I love watching them get excited about little things like that.
We had homemade pumpkin shaped pizzas, brain jello, juice with eyeballs, dipped carmel apples, and Samantha even got to watch a Halloween movie. It was alot of fun!






HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN (EARLY):
Ben's Birthday is the 3rd of Nov and I am being induced on the 2nd, so we thought we better celebrate a little early. Joanne had everyone over for dinner and then we carved pumpkins. I just love Ben so much. He is such a great provider, a hard worker, an awesome dad ( I always joke that we can't get divorced because I would end up alone. The kids would probably rather be with Ben than with me. They just adore and I mean ADORE him), a great husband and I just am just grateful that I have him. He says you can only shorten eternity from here, but I can't wait to spend forever with him!!!!! Happy early Birthday Benj! I love you!!!!!





PRESCHOOL HALLOWEEN PARTY:
Well, another day to dress up so why not be something different. Sam was a witch earlier this week, so she decided to be Little Mermaid for her school party. She loves dressing up and I just think she looks adorable.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN:
Ben had to work late and so we went trick or treating with my brother and his boys and my 2 sisters. Samantha of course wanted to be something different, again; so she dressed up as Minnie Mouse. It was my favorite of the 3 this week. She looked so dang cute. And my cute little Mason was a chicken. It was such a cute, puffy outfit. It kept him plenty warm. It was sad because I could tell he was starting to not feel good. He would look up at me and tell me he was all done, or that he wanted to go home. But he was such a good sport. He carried his own little sack and didn't want to be held, just wanted me to hold his hand. Samantha on the other hand just wanted to keep going and going. She loved every second of trick or treating. Such a magical holiday for little kids. Ring a door bell, say trick or treat and someone gives you candy. (then Mason would say "Thank you" til the person looked at him and he knew they heard him. He is so polite)
We had a blast with my family and then we headed over to see Honey and Poppy and Corbin. I just love watching these little kids get excited about the cute little things!!!




















0 comments: