Saturday, December 17, 2011

WORKING WITH GRANDPA B

My dad has been hard at work getting his front yard planted with bulbs. He has been cutting out the grass and removing it and then planting. We came over and he was doing just that, cutting out the grass and shaking out the extra dirt. Samantha was really wanting to help. So I left her to it with Grandpa B and I went inside. I peeked out on them and it was the funniest thing. She was just talking, talking and talking and my dad was saying nothing. The whole time she just talked his ear off. So when we were loading in the car I went over to say goodbye and asked my dad what Sam was talking about and he just answered "I don't know." He said that she was just talking away the whole time and he couldn't quite keep up withe her. I asked him if it reminded him of when I was younger and I would come work with him, he just smiled at me. It reminded me of when I was younger. My dad was (and still is) very silent and I would just talk away, probably asking and answering my own questions. I just loved that my dad let Samantha work out there beside him, he is such a patient man!!!!!


0 comments: