Sunday, December 18, 2011

8th ANNIVERSARY


Tuesday the 13th Ben and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary. It was low key but great. Ben worked in the morning and then my mom came over after Sam got home from school and we headed out to do some last minute shopping. Sam had gymnastics so I took her and Ben made dinner for the kids, put them to bed and then when I got home he went out to pick up dinner for us. We sat and ate dinner in peace and quiet and just hung out. That is something that doesn't happen very often around here, the peace and quiet part. So it was really nice.
I can't believe it has already been 8 years. This year has been a wild ride so far. Ben switched jobs in May, right around the time that we had our #4 little Chance. So yes we had our 4th little baby, and it has been crazy getting used to 4 kids and Ben in a new career. (he is doing insurance, which he loves).
Marriage has such a learning curve that comes along with it. Right when you think you have it all down pack, something changes and you have to re-figure it out. I'm just grateful that I have Ben to figure it out with. Ben is so patient and loving and keeps me grounded and reminds me of what is really important and what to not worry about.
He always supports me in everything I want to do and everything I am pursuing. He allows me to do my thing when I need to and I try to let him have his time to just be Ben. It is amazing to think about how much we have matured and grown in the past 8 years. I think that we have really grown and matured, I guess that is what 8 years and 4 kids will do to you.
We have accomplished some pretty great things though. The most important ones are finding our house that we LOVE 3 years ago, and making it ours. Having our 4 kids. They are the biggest handful, all the time, but we love them so much. We have had some really fun travels over the past 8 years with our kids and without. I love going on a trip with just Ben. It is such a great time to rediscover why we are Ben and Whitney. To focus on us and spend much needed time together.
The past 8 years have flown by. There have been some hard times, some really great times, alot of learning moments, and I'm sure there are many many more to come. I just love Ben so much and am so thankful that we found each other and decided to make it eternal 8 years ago in the temple. It is exciting to think about all the years to come. I am excited to spend the rest of my life with you Ben. I love you!

0 comments: